Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your sled didn't come with them installed?

My 2010 Z1 Turbo EXT LE came with them installed in the top vents near the handle bars/windshield and if I remember correctly they are also in the ram air vents on the sides near the front.

Only the vent in front of the innercooler and the exhaust vents near your knees didn't have them.

I can post pictures later tonight if you need them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would like to know also. woudl like to install them on my right side panel, like the M8 can have. cut out holes on the panel and install those. would like to not have the hot right foot anymore.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CatBandit @ Dec 21 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Your sled didn't come with them installed?

My 2010 Z1 Turbo EXT LE came with them installed in the top vents near the handle bars/windshield and if I remember correctly they are also in the ram air vents on the sides near the front.

Only the vent in front of the innercooler and the exhaust vents near your knees didn't have them.

I can post pictures later tonight if you need them.[/b]
i believe my 2010 came with them on the sides but i was told i should add some so i'm kinda confused as to what they are talking about. i see that spdwrx sells one for the 2010 z1 turbo. please post pics of yours

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was mistaken, the skins are only located under the top vent near the windshield. All other vents are open.

Here are the pictures.

[attachment=142467:IMAG0411.jpg] [attachment=142466:IMAG0410.jpg]
[attachment=142468:IMAG0412.jpg] [attachment=142469:IMAG0413.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Guys;
I purchased a brand new 2010 Z1 LXR. I used my Cat cash to buy the Frogskinz kit right from Cat. look in the 2010 catalog and you will see it.

Put them on in warm temps as the adhesive will not stick otherwise. There is enought to do the front where the handholds are and all the vents on top of the hood.In the kit was another one which with some cutting fits right on the vent in the side panel for the clutch area.

After this mod you will not find any snow under your hood and better yet the clutch area will not collect any snow-no more clutch slip!

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (teamgreen711 @ Dec 21 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Guys;
I purchased a brand new 2010 Z1 LXR. I used my Cat cash to buy the Frogskinz kit right from Cat. look in the 2010 catalog and you will see it.

Put them on in warm temps as the adhesive will not stick otherwise. There is enought to do the front where the handholds are and all the vents on top of the hood.In the kit was another one which with some cutting fits right on the vent in the side panel for the clutch area.

After this mod you will not find any snow under your hood and better yet the clutch area will not collect any snow-no more clutch slip!

Hope this helps.[/b]
IS THAT WHAT THEY CALL SNOW MESH IN THE CATALOG?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, That is right. To kit =#30 Bottom kit=$30

1 - 8 of 8 Posts