Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It's kindof hard to keep the mice away, especially in the cooler weather, but there are some trick thats you can do to reduce their desire to nest in the warmth/security of your ATV.
Wherever you park, sprinkle a good amount of mothballs around the perimeter.
Take a scent stick (their used in hunting if your not a hunter) or a piece of thick felt or a cotton ball or a non scented tampon, soak it in peppermint oil and put it (them) up near the intakes/exhausts of your ATV. Rodents don't like the smell.
If you have snorkels, take the caps from big cans of carb/brake cleaner and when your done riding, place the caps over the intakes/exhausts...
Places like Northern Tool or Harbor Freight sell ultra sonic noise makers that keep rodents away. Some are battery powered and some are household AC powered. Put 1 pointing right under the middle of your atv.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanx guys, for all the help. Gotter purrin' like a kitten again!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I WILL hafta check the rest of the intake plumbing though, they got in there somehow! Running good, gave it a good dusting. Great machine again! Thanx

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Excellent

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
Good news from a few standpoints!!!! I like your short story bud. I always try the simple solutions and usually they work. At least they are an easy try. I never had luck with Bounce,,,the suckers wipe their butt with it after they **** on everything.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Administrator
37,120 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts