Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post and I hope ya'all can help us out, and it's cool to see other Prowler Owners!
So check it out, i just bought an '07 Artic Cat Prowler XT650 (brand new) in February (actually right before we went to Glamis for Presidents Day)
It was going great, then we (my boyfriend who I got the Prowler for) and I were having trouble shifting into High-it just wouldn't go! So he took it in to get it serviced (and I guess it was making some weird grinding noise) and it turns out we needed a new clutch.
Well they ordered it (which took forever), then when they got it in soon after at the shop it fried the new clutch!

Well I guess they put ANOTHER one in and we just got it back yesterday....
Today my boyfriend was gonna take it out but I guess this clutch fired too!!!!! bang your head

So he's hella pissed, we're gonna bring it down to the shop (again), and I'm not sure whats gonna happen... I saddens me to hear him say "I should of gotten a Rhino..."
Rhino are played out!
So anyone know ANYTHING we/I could do about this? Any recalls, anything???? Maybe it's caused he rallied it so hard at Glamis?????
Please Help!!!!
Thanks. =) :(

·
Registered
672 Posts
Have they checked to make sure clutch and primary were in perfect alignment? mine made a grinding noise going into gear when it idled to high, idle should be around 1400 when warmed up. Your best bet would be to check with another dealer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it turns out that it didn't fry again, guess the gears were slipping again... they said something about the belt slipping off and going up hills in HIGH. Which makes sense, cause at Glamis we made it up Oldsmobile Hill, but then towards the end of our weeken we couldn't make it all the way... and I guess we were in HIGH everytime we went up.

Thanks for the advice. =)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems,The real problem usually is your dealer there techs suck.and arctic cat doesnt pay the dealer much for warranty work so they really dont like doing it. heck one dealer in phx doesnt do any work an the product, they send you to other shops.(lame owners)good luck and find a good shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would not let anyone tell you that Glamis and the sand is the problem -- I have 1000 miles on my Prowler and all but about 150 are dune miles. I ride it with the quads and climb all the hills (generally in High gear), with no clutch issues so far. I would guess that there is another issue, that the dealers are not finding that is causing the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts