Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a extra high beam headlight kit that fits 03 and newer gmc/chevy without fog lights. free to the first person that posts a picture of there 03 or newer gmc/chevy. will not work with fog lights. basicaly keeps the low beams on when you turn your high beams on.

shipping is on me also.

post up your pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
catracer is't all yours if you want it and yes it will work on all sierra's and silveroldos 03-06 without foglights.
pm me with your address if you want it.

i have one in my 99 gmc with fog lights so when i flick my high beams on all 6 lights are on. i reciently bought two of the kits (03+ w/o fog) for my father and a friend for christmas and about a week and a half i recieved two more kits in the mail. haven't gotten billed for the second batch that came so there mistake and i am out of friends with gmc/chevys so i had this one kit left sitting around in the garage. on one note my father said the instructions were a tad schetch with there wire colors but he figured it out real easily.

let me know and i'll stick it in the mail.

more info: http://www.mrtaillight.com/product_info.ph...products_id=460

·
Registered
129 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 7 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Got an extra high beam headlight kit that fits 03 and newer gmc/chevy without fog lights.[/b]

What difference would foglights make? I dunno I have one of those on my '05 Silverado, and I have foglights. It works just fine.

Sprinter

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they make the kits with or without foglights, with fog lights there is more/different wires, and i think another relay. the kit probably would work but your fog light would go out when you put your high beams on without the foglight kit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
:super_happy: Thats exactly what I ve been lookin for for my dodge!! Would you recomend this product/company? Thanks Not worthy:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i would expecially for the price, i just wish they made a kit for my wifes equinox. don't know how i would be able to drive the back roads at night without one now.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Sprinter, I have an 03 Silverado with fogs. My fogs stay on when my low beams are on, but when I flip to high beam, they shut off. Not sure why, but they do. Your fogs stay on when you switch to HB?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Sanny651,
Your lights are working as designed... fog lights can be on with the low beams, switch off when the high beams are switched on... and when you switch back to low beam, the fog lights will come back on too. This is to prevent overwhelming an oncoming driver.
Dave
'05 Yukon :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
322 Posts
i've got a 2006 sierra, with fogs... what I did was solder up 2 diodes with small gauge wires on both ends, shrink wrapped them.

Then, I took the banded side of the first one and ran it from the 85 pin of my low beam light plug in the fuse box (under hood) and connected the other end to my 85 pin fog light plug.

this makes my fogs come on automatically with my low beams.

Then, I took the other diode, wrapped the banded side of the diode to the 85 pin connector for the highbeam plug in the fuse block, and ran the other to the 85 pin of the low beams plug (so there's 2 wires wrapped on there).

This will keep my low beams on while high beams are on.... and, since I had the first diode connected, it also lights my fog lights... there's 6 lights for highway driving (same as pulling the highbeam stalk towards you to the "flash-to-pass")

I LOVE THIS MOD.. and it only costs about 5 bucks. good on 2002 chevs and up

·
Registered
129 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Jan 8 2007, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sprinter, I have an 03 Silverado with fogs. My fogs stay on when my low beams are on, but when I flip to high beam, they shut off. Not sure why, but they do. Your fogs stay on when you switch to HB?[/b]

My fogs are off when I switch to high beams.

Sprinter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts