Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for tips and suggestions on changing frames as result of hitting a tree. Insurance Company wants to total my Cat. I cant let go of it 2005, 300 miles and 88 hours. If anybody has done this and could give my some advise please email me. If you can think of anything special that I might need to buy also ...tools, bushings, bearings, gaskets. Thanks in advance. My email [email protected]

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
how much to buy back off the ins company? i personaly would do it but it would take some time i am sure. remember once you put a new frame underneith it you should take it in and get the salavage off your title, save all you recipets.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
you shouldn't need any special tools just alot of room and take your time.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Took me and a budy about 8hrs and a case of beer to change over his 2005 V2 to a new frame. It's pretty easy if you do the following:

1. Take you time and lable/store parts correctly
2. Take pictures
3. Try removing and installing whole assemblies- i.e. hubs/bearings/brakes, motor/trans/driveshaft

We are by no means great mechanics. We had a well lit garage, simple shop tools, and a service manual.

Best advice I can give is to take your time, and think through the order of how the parts come off and how they will need to go back on.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
It just takes time, biggest pain for me was disconecting a couple of the electrical connectors.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Saskabush:

Think you could have cut your time to 4 hours if you'd only used half a case of beer?

:chug: :chug: :chug:

:tongue_nana:

(just givin' you a hard time...)

Alexander Keith's I hope?

stellarpod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts