Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 F7 with the SnoPro suspension package. Whats the negative or positive of switching to the new Fox Floats?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fox Floats are great if you do a lot of ditch banging or jumping, or are rough on your sled. Being able to adjust the air pressure is great.

·
Registered
710 Posts
i just bought a set for my zr and i've heard mixed reviews.. i've heard they are touchy, like you want them softer for the short choppy bumps but then it'll bottom out too easy with the bigger bumps and vice versa.. i've heard the fett brothers resi fixes this problem. i think they will be a big upgrade from my fox shocks that i had before.

·
Registered
165 Posts
floats hands down are better. the sno pro in 03 had act still, is anything other than floats get shocks off of an 04 with real fox zero pro. if you are really worried about bottoming out the floats, get the reservoirs and problem solved. but i don't think you'll have a problem.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is no comparison, Floats rule. If you buy them, make sure you buy the guards for them, and may want to have them rebuilt every year. My buddy has an 05 sno-pro, and the ride is awesome. One blew on him one night, and caused him to roll his sled. They were never rebuilt for the first 3 years he had it. When he took them in for a rebuild, the shafts were screwed from things hitting them while riding. Long story short, take good care of them. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have them in my 06 f7 snopro i run 65 psi in them i weigh about 210 pounds and ride really hard and i wouldnt trade the, for the world i jumped a stop sign last year and never even felt the slked hit the ground buy them and u will love them

·
Registered
102 Posts
Floats require way to much maintenance plus some of my buddies have them and hate them. Mind you my friends are probably harder on their sleds than anyone here. most of them snow cross race and seem to ride like that when we are trail riding.

get the real floats from fox not the arctic cat ones!

If you ask me a 1000 doller set of shocks should feel incredible and last a long time. I would buy them new and not used unless I took them to get rebuilt myself. I have seen rollovers and accidents from them dying.

I love piggybacks and would not trade them for floats! The last thing i want is one to blow 300 kms from my house.

Take care of them and you will enjoy them, and get the guards, that blows me away that they do not come with the guard! like wtf??

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
the real question is how do you ride. are you jumping stop signs,roads etc, or cruising 80% and playing 20% of the time if your cruisin I would stick the stock ones (add a dbl or triple spring kit) if your jumping
get the floats w/rezzies. just my op...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts