Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know which shocks I can swap out my old stock ridefx ski shocks to a fox or ACT shock
what size I need or from what type of sled?
2000 ZL600 efi

·
Registered
165 Posts
Your rear suspension geometry is different than the ZR. The front arm shock is quite a bit longer than what is found on a ZR, and even the rear shock is just a bit longer on your sled. You can find used ZR skids in good shape with rebuilt shocks for around $200-$250. I would do a complete swap.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doug428 @ Jan 24 2007, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
anyone know which shocks I can swap out my old stock ridefx ski shocks to a fox or ACT shock
what size I need or from what type of sled?
2000 ZL600 efi[/b]

·
Registered
242 Posts
You can swap out the ryde fx shock and put in a fox/cat rear shock . I did this on my zl, I used a rear shock from a '98-02 ZR shock, you will also need need the bushings. Basically order the parts you see listed on brownsleisureworld. I used the 02 shock, 2 longer bolts, and 2 new bushings and never had a problem with the rear shock after the install. Have over 3000 miles on that shock so far.

The front is available but don't use the ones from the front of the ZR, they are to short.

I was told a Polaris Fox shock would fit the front of the suspension but I never replaced the shock yet.

I remember DEYCORE.COM or CARVERPERFORMANCE.COM had a replacement FOX shock for the FRONT SHOCK in the rear suspension.

It was like $200 just for the front shock. I just bought a used ZR suspension off an 04 sled, it came with 2 CAT rebuildable shocks, for $150 shipped to the house off EBAY.

Its worth buying a complete ZR suspension instead of buying replacement shocks for the ZL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I already installed a ZR rear suspension in my ZL. much better
but Iam looking for the front ski shocks that will fit the ZL
I know there are a dozen different sizes out there when I search on EBAY
hoping someone will know which sled I can get them from

·
Registered
242 Posts
A friend of fine did what you want to do, he looked all over measuring shocks, he couldn't find a shock that measured the same as the zl. He wound up buying used a-arms with ZR shocks.

In 98-99 the ZL had a wider stance then the ZR, the zl's shocks and a-arms were longer then the ZR.

You will not be able to just switch out the zl shocks for zr shocks.

I believe if you buy a-arms and shocks from a newer style zr sled they MAY fit ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts