Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '97 ZR 580 that need the shocks rebuilt, Does anyone know where I can get this done without costing an arm and a leg ? One motorcycle shop wanted $200+ each and I have the rebuild kit. I know this type of service isnt cheap, but $200 each is crazy.

·
Administrator
39,476 Posts
Send them back to fox ?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Send them back to fox ?
Radshredder, in 1995 the cost to rebuild just one shock was $150 bones, $200 is not a bad price; although sending them out to just any motorcycle shop is something I wouldn’t recommend. I used to be a pro moto cross racer and one of my sponsors was Pro Circuit, these dude’s really know there stuff when it comes to suspensions. There a very professional company and have professional employees working in their facility. They have been around for a long time and have a great track record of being the best at suspension, aftermarket parts; and motor modifications as well as their own exhaust systems. Sending your shocks to them will provide the best service you can ever receive in L.A. or anywhere in the world. Their probably going to ask you what your expectations are from the shocks and info about your riding style, how hard do you ride; your weight; what was the sled handling like before shock issues began. Pro Circuit is located in Corona, 2271 Wardlow Rd. call 1-951-738-8050 Their just off of the Riverside Fwy. 91 near Mayflower, just be sure not to miss the off ramp or it’s going to be a long drive back. Radshredder just what part of L.A. are you located? I have another home in Encino up in the hills, snowmobiles are not something you see or hear of to often there; do you ride in Northern Cali or venture into Nevada; or farther? Spending a little more dunkettes and sending your shocks to Pro Circuit will be worth every penny!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Might pay to send them out, I've used this service before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Radshredder, in 1995 the cost to rebuild just one shock was $150 bones, $200 is not a bad price; although sending them out to just any motorcycle shop is something I wouldn’t recommend. I used to be a pro moto cross racer and one of my sponsors was Pro Circuit, these dude’s really know there stuff when it comes to suspensions. There a very professional company and have professional employees working in their facility. They have been around for a long time and have a great track record of being the best at suspension, aftermarket parts; and motor modifications as well as their own exhaust systems. Sending your shocks to them will provide the best service you can ever receive in L.A. or anywhere in the world. Their probably going to ask you what your expectations are from the shocks and info about your riding style, how hard do you ride; your weight; what was the sled handling like before shock issues began. Pro Circuit is located in Corona, 2271 Wardlow Rd. call 1-951-738-8050 Their just off of the Riverside Fwy. 91 near Mayflower, just be sure not to miss the off ramp or it’s going to be a long drive back. Radshredder just what part of L.A. are you located? I have another home in Encino up in the hills, snowmobiles are not something you see or hear of to often there; do you ride in Northern Cali or venture into Nevada; or farther? Spending a little more dunkettes and sending your shocks to Pro Circuit will be worth every penny!
I get it that certain services have a value, but $400+ on a sled that's worth maybe $1000 is a bit much in my opinion. I'm seriously considering buying the tools and doing it myself and then I'm only out $100. I'm in Burbank and I have a place 90 minutes from my house in the San Gaberial moutains where I ride.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You could call Steve at Dey-core and ask what he'd charge, see what shipping to/from is, then decide? Or google and see who is closer, call and check prices? $400 does sound high to me too. I don't know what your riding season is out that way but you could save some $ on shipping 2nd or 3rd class I suspect.

You could search eBay, CL, alssnowmobile.com, etc for used, or Dennis Kirk for replacement new too.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You could call Steve at Dey-core and ask what he'd charge, see what shipping to/from is, then decide? Or google and see who is closer, call and check prices? $400 does sound high to me too. I don't know what your riding season is out that way but you could save some $ on shipping 2nd or 3rd class I suspect.
Rebuilding the shocks yourself is a great idea, there are a few specialty tools that you’ll need for sure. Lots of great info on the internet as how to rebuild them. Dam shame what has happened at Venice Beach as of late, homeless taking over.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Rebuilding the shocks yourself is a great idea, there are a few specialty tools that you’ll need for sure. Lots of great info on the internet as how to rebuild them. Dam shame what has happened at Venice Beach as of late, homeless taking over.
If you don't have the right tools and knowhow, taking those springs off can be deadly!

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
There’s one guy I know of near me in Manitoba, Canada. Regular shocks are $50, remotes and floats are $60. He’s also a Walker Evans dealer.
Definitely not feasible to send to Canada but it gives you an idea what rates are.

Reactions: callwill

·
Administrator
39,476 Posts
What does he charge for Elkas ?

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
What does he charge for Elkas ?
Not sure. I listed what he advertised on Kijiji. I texted you his Kijiji ad that I took a picture of. He’s not advertising right now.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Super Moderator
8,460 Posts

This is on the higher end out here. Caver does good work

1 - 17 of 17 Posts