Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a new 09 m8 it has 16 kms on it and it sits at an angle, one of the shocks sags, when u puch down the front of the sled that shock stays down a little and doesn't return. and when u stand on the sled it sags to that side. just doesn't seem right. i've set the shocks up the same and done a little bit of everything i could think of. anyone have this problem? any fixes? anything i have been overlooking? thanks in advance

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is it common for your ski shocks to have as much as 15 lbs of pressure difference between them to make them sit the same? is there and break in period for these shocks? thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm from new world island, out around twillingate. but i sled in west brook gorge, and behind marble mountain and of course all around home. gotta get to lewis hills this year though, and u?

·
Registered
710 Posts
you might have a leak somewhere around one of the seals or they just need rebuilt period. shouldnt be that big of difference at all or any what so ever. are you airing them up with the sled off the ground?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am airing them up with the sled off the ground, read the manual and done everything by the book. the sled has 15 kms on it, hasn't seen snow yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey troy....unfortunatly for me...im in the city...st johns...so i dont put many km's on around here....make a few trips to central..thats about it for me...

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is very common on the front floats to have to run 3-5 more lbs. of air pressure on the clutch side to allow the sled to sit flat. The clutch side of the sled weighs more that the exhause side. I run 65psi on the clutch side, and 60 psi on the exhaust side. Sits nice and flat.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had better luck bumping them up to around 80 to get the sled to hold firm without being tippy feeling while riding.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tighten the shradder(sp) valve. Sometimes that aren't always tight. I also run 3-5 more pounds in the clutch side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the 09 M1000 last year and was suffering the same problem. My low side was the exhaust side. I tried adjusting the air to compensate (~20psi higher) but it just did not seem right. I took both shocks back to dealer to have the N2 charge checked. The one was far lower than the other. After they were equally charged and re-installed the problem was still there but now only a slight bit which is cured with ~3 to 5psi higher pressure. The motor and gigantic stock exhaust on the 1000 is a bit heavier than the 800 so this may explain the differance on which side the machine tilts. Either way as stated above you are supposed to lift the sled off the ground or lay it on its side out riding to check/adjust pressures. In summary: I would have the pre-charge pressures checked...simple easy and should not charge you for this at the dealer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Take it back to dealer, that one side may have not been filled with enough oil from factory. If it only has 16 kms on it, it is definitely a factory issue. Fill it with oil and you should be good to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts