Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little help guys... I'm following the rebuild instructions in the manual for my 2012 Arctic Cat f800. I got to the step where you remove the nitrogen from the shock. When I started to loosen the set screw I could hear the gas escaping the shock. When I removed the set screw the black rubber plug that the needle goes through to fill the shock just shot out onto the bench. I'm not sure why it came out? It appears one end of the plug is slightly larger then the other. Does it matter what end faces out? And what keeps the plug in the shock while you begin to add nitrogen back into the shock? Won't it just shoot out again?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Personally, I would invest in gas shocks and add some Raptor triple rate springs. I'm talking just Cat gas shocks nothing crazy in price. Sorry I couldn't help you with your problem. From experience I've had float 1,2 and 3. 3 being the best but man my Cat 1.5 gas shocks with triple rates simply rock!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oh and Raptor triple rates are the BEST value spring out there. They don't gouge you like other mfg. Good luck bud!

·
Registered
2006 Polaris Fusion 600, 2021 Arctic Cat Norseman 8000X
5 Posts
Just curious, how are the stock springs that come in the 1.5 ifp? I bought a cat late in the season and haven't had a chance to ride it yet and those are the shocks it came with.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just curious, how are the stock springs that come in the 1.5 ifp? I bought a cat late in the season and haven't had a chance to ride it yet and those are the shocks it came with.
They are not bad, my 17 ZR8 came stock with those also. No comparison to a triple rate though. I bought the package so it came with a triple rate spring for the rear suspension front shock also. I did find that spring is a hair soft so you do have to put a little bit of tension on it you can't leave it loose like the stock one. Overall I love the 1.5's. As for the rear I think those shocks just plain suck. They need a revalve or sent to Carver or Hygear and have them do their magic because the rear shock rides like a rock. I'm no shock expert I'm just giving you the little bit of experience I have.

·
Registered
2006 Polaris Fusion 600, 2021 Arctic Cat Norseman 8000X
5 Posts
I'll see how mine are after the first couple of rides. If I don't like them I'll have the guy who's rebuilt shocks for me in the past take a look at them and see if there's anything I can do. As long as they're rebuildable tweaks can be made.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it appears I have trouble following simple instructions. The manual says to loosen the set screw a 1/4 turn (not to remove it). There is a small hole in the middle of the set screw so you can insert the needle to add or remove the nitrogen. I answered my own question =0)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts