Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a set of Fox Float-X shocks and didnt get the special tapered inserts for the spherical bushings... do i need these or can i press out the eyes and run standard bushings like the normal floats (from my stock std shocks)?

Also, anyone have any pics of where exactly to mount the reservoir? I have the general idea, but just confirming their placement

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
not sure on the bushing question, but I would get the spherical ones...much better IMO....
As far as mounting, unfortunately the firecats aren't like the zrs where they had a little detent in the b-pans and notches under the hood to cut....with mine I just installed the shocks, routed the res's to where they seemed to sit best under the b-pan, marked the location that the clamp would go around it, and then cut small slits in the b-pan.
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
I used a hot butter knife to make the 2 slits needed for the resivoir.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (taperk600 @ Jan 16 2007, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
not sure on the bushing question, but I would get the spherical ones...much better IMO....
As far as mounting, unfortunately the firecats aren't like the zrs where they had a little detent in the b-pans and notches under the hood to cut....with mine I just installed the shocks, routed the res's to where they seemed to sit best under the b-pan, marked the location that the clamp would go around it, and then cut small slits in the b-pan.
Hope this helps[/b]
I was wondering about placement and interference. The ones on my 01 ZR800LE had the indents for them, but cant remember where exactly in relation to the spindle they sat. Can the spindle hit the reservoir if possitioned incorrectly? I will double check with the shocks off, but just asking to ask.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Jan 16 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I used a hot butter knife to make the 2 slits needed for the resivoir.[/b]
Pretty slick idea, man. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts