Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
488 Posts
If you do a search for this, you'll find what you need to know. There was a post about this not too long ago. Just can't remember exactly where it was....lol.

Mael

·
Registered
20 Posts
I weigh 225 and have my shocks set at the factory 65PSI. I don't find the ride too harsh, but havn't tried other settings yet. I plan to lower the pressure to see when it starts bottoming out and go from there. So far 65 is great though.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Your shock psi depends on how you ride, the more aggressive you ride the more psi you should have and the less aggressive the less psi, try factory psi one ride, if it is too stiff, drop a few pounds and if it is too soft go up.....make it suit your needs and no one else's.

If you have a sled that does not have much miles on it I suggest that wait adjusting anything becuase everything is tight and not broken in...i.e. your shocks will get a little softer after some miles, your srpings will loosen up a little, your trrack will streach some so do your adjustments after you put some miles on it so you can get a feeling of the sled and know what you like and don't like...consider this your bench mark and any adjustments you make may make it better or worse and if you don't have a bench mark how would you know?

·
Registered
24 Posts
you want your front end o drop about 1" when you lift it up and than let it relax, I was told this by a guy who rebuilds shocks for a living. If you have it to stiff the shock wont reach the soft stage of the shock only the top hard stage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts