Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Went up to redfield (tug hill) yesterday. It was my second time out on my '05 AC F7 SP and after putting about 75 miles on the sled, I get off it and go to fill her up and see that the front end is 2 inches off the ground. So i procede to go over and push down on the bumper and the thing is totally out of air and bottomed out. I couldn't believe it, especially since I just had them rebuilt. So I got some air from an air compressor from a near by snowmobile rental store. Then I got to timberview and then came back out and my sleds fricken shocks are flat again. Man that made me bad...

So what do you guys think it is? Would it just be a seal or...?

Thanks in advance,

John

·
Registered
942 Posts
That sucks... one of the reasons I went with a standard. I wanted springs to help the ride if the shock was bad.

Anyway... it doesn't sound serious just time consuming when you could be riding bang your head

It is probably a seal as you commented. I would refill the shocks with air and spray water/liquid soap on the shock to find the leaks. In this manner you can bring the shocks back to where they were built and let them pull them and rebuild them again showing where they leak.

LOL ... :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Exactly what he said. Sorry to hear about your float shock problems as I do not have any experience with them.

BTW, How was the riding up at Tug ?. Deaf gang and I are supposed to go up there this coming Thursday for 4 days 3 nights at Crossroads Inn. Still have my doubts if we should go or not. Thanks.

AB :site:

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Jan 21 2007, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Exactly what he said. Sorry to hear about your float shock problems as I do not have any experience with them.

BTW, How was the riding up at Tug ?. Deaf gang and I are supposed to go up there this coming Thursday for 4 days 3 nights at Crossroads Inn. Still have my doubts if we should go or not. Thanks.

AB :site:[/b]
Corey...let me know if you are going to tug for sure....I was thinking about going up Thursday for a day trip..maybe we could meet up....

As far as the floats..I would think the person who rebuilt them didn't do it properly. I would take it back to them..or someone who has experience with floats ...and have them check for the seal between the shock body and the air chamber

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks guys. I'll have to have the guy that I brought the shocks too, look them over and make sure there done right this time. lol

Yea tug hill was pretty good, considering this is my second time this year out. (Pretty desperate) But the trails were def. ride-able! I went Saturday...so I'd assume there probable pretty beat by now. If they get more snow, it'll be enough to ride.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (taperk600 @ Jan 21 2007, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Corey...let me know if you are going to tug for sure....I was thinking about going up Thursday for a day trip..maybe we could meet up....[/b]
Tom, Thursday wouldn't be great since Linda and I'll be there around Noon awaiting for MasterF6 (Dusty) as he gets out of work probably be there around 2 PM. Friday would be the best, IMO. You're more than welcome to ride with us. Anyone else can also join. :thumbsup:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arctic Man @ Jan 21 2007, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yea tug hill was pretty good, considering this is my second time this year out. (Pretty desperate) But the trails were def. ride-able! I went Saturday...so I'd assume there probable pretty beat by now. If they get more snow, it'll be enough to ride.[/b]
Glad to hear Tug's good. How's the trails from Redfield to Cedar Pines ?. I dunno

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they were pretty good actually. I don't know how they are now though, lol.

·
Administrator
7,967 Posts
Can you guys give me a little more info on the float shox?. I bought an 05 F7 sno-pro red joker edition with these shocks on it. I have yet to ride it, (lack of snow) but my kids rode it around the house a few times in minimal snow, seems ok so far.
What pressures do you run? any tips you can give me? We are scheduled to go riding this weekend. thanks,........tigger

·
Registered
49 Posts
If someone wants to trade there floats for a pair of 2004 Sno pro shocks with res's I'm game for it. I'll pay shipping both ways. thumbguy

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tiggershark @ Jan 23 2007, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can you guys give me a little more info on the float shox?. I bought an 05 F7 sno-pro red joker edition with these shocks on it. I have yet to ride it, (lack of snow) but my kids rode it around the house a few times in minimal snow, seems ok so far.
What pressures do you run? any tips you can give me? We are scheduled to go riding this weekend. thanks,........tigger[/b]
If you have the float manual its best to read it, but Firecat base PSI is 65lbs, correct me if I'm wrong. From there the Fox manual will give air specs for your wieght, thats a good starting point to "fine tune" from there. As far as I have heard its not a good idea to go below the PSI for your sled, it may cause premiture shock wear or blow outs. Every one seems to run 75lbs and like it, I'm 240 give or take and I keep 75lbs in mine with no issues and it handles the bumbs great. The faster you go the more they soak up its wierd. Good Luck.

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea i was running 90PSI and it was def. too hard! I put them on 75PSI and it rode a 100% better!

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you are still having the problem with your floats going soft, check the air valve. I picked up a set of Float-X's and anything under 70psi, the valve would leak though the vavle stem. try pumping them up and take a close listen to the valve to see if it is leaking.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts