Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I haven't seen many sleds out there with these guards on, but I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on them. The plastic guards that attach with a hoseclamp to the bottom half of your Fox Air Shock on the Sno Pro sleds?

Do they stay on well if riding aggressively? Bumps, whatever, you know how trails can be. Do they actually protect the shock? Or are they more decorative.

I've thought about getting some, especially now since they're on sale at the local dealer, but thought I would get some opinions on them first, or if they're just a waste of money. Let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Buy them, they work and don't fall off just make sure you tighten them. I have them and looking at the top of my shocks where the decal is I can see nicks from ice and gravel so the shocks definatly get hit with debris.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (06f7sp @ Mar 16 2007, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Buy them, they work and don't fall off just make sure you tighten them. I have them and looking at the top of my shocks where the decal is I can see nicks from ice and gravel so the shocks definatly get hit with debris.[/b]
Hey, that's great! Thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to pick them up then next time I'm at my dealer which could be tomorrow. Not worthy:

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Rather be safe than sorry. cheap enough, they look nice and a 5 minute install. Dont pay any attention to the directions that come with them or you'll be taking your shocks off for nothing, just split the ring clamps and put'em on. Not sure why they want you take the shocks completly off to install?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I didn't even read the directions I just split the Clap and put it around the shock. Somebody else told me the instructions said to remove the shock thats pretty stupid.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take the shock off? Give me a break! It's a hose clamp. You're right, I would, and will do the same, just split the clamp ring and put it back on. That's crazy! I don't think I would have looked at the installation instructions anyways. It's not hard to figure out how the darn things go on. If anything, I would take a quick glance just to confirm the location exactly where to mount them. That's all.

Thanks for all the input everyone! I greatly appreciate it! :thumbsup: :site:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Buy the guards. I learnt the hard way ice builds up on the sock, when it is cooling down from the ride. You get back on and they go flat because the ice broke the seal and now there flat. I got the shocks fixxed and bought the guards and have been trouble free for over 4000 kms

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (netstream @ Mar 19 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Buy the guards. I learnt the hard way ice builds up on the sock, when it is cooling down from the ride. You get back on and they go flat because the ice broke the seal and now there flat. I got the shocks fixxed and bought the guards and have been trouble free for over 4000 kms[/b]
Hey now that's a valuable piece of information. Thank you!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts