Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what shock I have for sure and if it is adjustable.
Thanks!

[attachment=138956:111109_1546_00_.jpg]
[attachment=138957:111109_1546_01_.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
That is a std non-rebuildable shock. As for adjustment,the collar on the bottom add's spring pressue when screwed up. The ski's will be more"planted"and will steer better but hit harder in the bumps. Zl's were a lwr dollar sled and had throw away shox,sorry. Hdal

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh my friend saw fx on the side and thought they were fox shocks... it was worth a shot but okay that works. Would they be what came on the sled to begin with or are they aftermarket? oem replacement maybe?

·
Registered
710 Posts
those stock for zl's. you could replace them with fox or act shocks with the same length if you want the rebuildable and revalvable feature

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
216 Posts
They are probably Ryde FX shocks. I'm not sure, but I think they are an inexpensive stock replacement with a fancy name. I had them on my 99 zl600 when I bought it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, from what I've seen, there is a screw of some sort on the bottom of the shock body.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 18 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They are probably Ryde FX shocks. I'm not sure, but I think they are an inexpensive stock replacement with a fancy name. I had them on my 99 zl600 when I bought it.[/b]
Right on mike zr, they sure look like Ryde FX shocks to me - cheap, non-rebuildable shocks.

And yes, rebuildable shocks have a little gold (or silver) nut on the shock body.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking very carefully and my sled has Ryde FX shocks all around, not sure thats a good thing but it will work I guess. How many miles do these shocks usually get before they have to be replaced?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts