Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys jack up your ATV for things like tire removal?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pretty much anywhere on the skid plate. There is nothing under there that will be harmed by a common floor jack. You should try to get it under a frame tube though. I dont recomend jacking on the a-arms though.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
A good investment if you do alot of work on your ATv is a ATV/Motorcycle jack. I got one last year for X-mas and have used it many times throughout the year.
If not then use a 2x4 and a regular hydrulic jack and jack under the differentals if all your after is to remove the tires.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I just use my 2 ton floor jack and place it under the frame in between the a-arms right in the middle...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Craftsman ATV jack here also...its being used right now to hold a Yammerhammer up while parts get ordered for its rear end!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Guess what Leadtoo (my brother) got me for Christmas? Yep, ATV jack...awesome! It really is stable and lifts the machine up evenly. In addition, you can move the bike around the gargage easily without starting it up and pulling out then back in. Well worth the investment, or better yet, a great gift!

Don't know what stores you have in Alabama, but up here in Illinois, we have a rural supply store called Farm & Fleet. They have them regularly for $69 and quite often with a $20 rebate.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I'll be getting a Craftsman ATV jack.

Thanks for the input folks.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Oh ya get the atv jack it is the best. My kids got me one for christmas and what a blessing. It is a great investment

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
the one that i use is the yellow craftsman pictured here. I had the red craftsman and it failed the first time I lifted the quad.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ummm....... it's a little overkill but I use the car hoist in my shop. LOL :tongue_nana: :tongue_nana:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Craftsman atv jack

·
Registered
210 Posts
A block of wood, never fails :thumbsup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Use your Muscles. Just lift up one end and stick a jack stand under it. I never have to worry about bringing a jack.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Screw type scissor jack using my cordless impact wrench to raise and lower it. Cost of jack? $0. Impact wrench different story. Planning to weld plates on top and bottom of jack for stability.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I just use my regular floor jack and jackstands to keep it up for big jobs.

Kenny

·
Registered
332 Posts
I run my winch cable to the ceiling of the garage and up , up and away !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts