Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend was riding in Munising, two friends of mine both have new 800 Crossfires, and SEVERAL times after stopping and shutting their sleds off had massive amount of flames dumping from the mufflers. Not a poof, but bellowing flames! Both sleds had the belly pans melt.

Best part is that we are friends with the dealer in Munising, and he was riding with us when it happened a couple of times so he couldnt deny that it did, but he is riding a F1000 and it did the same thing! And he had a customer in on Saturday with the same problem!

Just posting so that everyone checks when the shut their machines off. The sleds are too rich!!!!

It was scary on one sled, cause it was burning raw fuel on the INSIDE of the belly pan but couldnt be seen from the outside.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Too rich? but everybody has been saying they run super lean? So who is right? I say rich, I had the same problem with my F8. My dealer told me to make sure to let it run at idle for a little bit before shutting down, beleive it or not I have been doing that for years with my sleds because of such a problem or even backfireing

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
No problems like that with my F8 ... almost 350 miles on it & no backfiring (yet). Speedometer is an altogether different issue bang your head

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All 3 sleds are all stock.

Irregardless of what we did slowing down, etc... it would happen almost every time we shut down.

As with the F7s in 03, the early builds were leaner and more aggressive timing, better burn than the regular build. Im sure the ones that everyone were dynoing in Sept were not typical engines.

I just wanted to post, as if it wasnt for a guy that saw us from the side of the trail they could have gone up. These were not poofs out of the muffler when you shut it off, it was just raw burning fuel

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
talked to my friends that had the problems, and the dealer who had his F10 do it. Cat said to send the ECUs ASAP FedEx overnite for ECU updates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts