Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Michigan but right now im in Telluride, Colorado and today we took an 8 hour snowmobile tour in the mountains and wow... I dont have any pictures uploaded right now but will when I get home, I have never seen soo much powder in my life. I hopped of my Poo rental sled(no cats were available) and i sank almost up to my chest in powder. WOW we started off at 7000 feet and worked our way up to 13000 feet. Talk about amazing... Just had to run it in

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Jan 4 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
wow,
sounds like you had a blast.
cant wait to see the pic's :thumbsup:[/b]
:needpics: what he said

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pics will come saturday night, sorry I cut the post off above, just tryin to live my time in CO. to the fullest.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well this morning in CO we woke up to about 5 inches of powder and another 5 or so has fallen in the past few hours... wish Michigan would get some of this.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Must be nice :thumbsup: live it up to the fullest Not worthy: Still dreaming here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was in Grand Lake for a week last year and loved it. There is nothing like riding in the west. Enjoy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well got home late saturday because United Airlines is amazing and they sent my skis and my brothers ski boot bag along with a few other peoples items to Dallas Texas by mistake... didnt no you could snow ski in dallas.. hmm. Well anyways I have a few pictures, turns out my dad isnt the best at holding a camera so alot of the pics didnt come out good bang your head anyways...
This is from the gondola that starts at the bottom of the mountain(around 9,000 feet above sea level) and goes up to the very top(around 12,000 feet) and then all the way down the other side.
[attachment=59878:Gondola.JPG]

Me freezing my butt off on the gondola.
[attachment=59879:Me_gondola.JPG]

Driving through the twisties is very nerving when the shoulder of the road is a cliff...
[attachment=59881:Mountains.JPG]

Some Elk staring me down
[attachment=59877:Elk.JPG]

The town of Mountain Village where we stayed just outside of Telluride
[attachment=59883:Snow1.JPG]

A valley we saw from one of the snowmobile trails
[attachment=59885:Valley.JPG]

Me getting a little nervous looking off of the side of the trail( cliff edge) while on my rented POO edge, like i said before they didnt have any cats.
[attachment=59884:Snow2.JPG]

POO
[attachment=59880:Me_on_the_Poo.JPG]

The guides 800 rmk that when we stopped in a field he did a little carve then let me give it a try and I embarrased with probably the best figure 8 I will ever make, only wish i had a pic of that...
[attachment=59882:poo.JPG]

Wouldnt want to veer off the snowmobile trail cause this is right next to it
[attachment=59876:Dont_fall.JPG]

And ofcourse at night me checking A-Chat
[attachment=59875:Arcticchat.JPG]

The only downsides to the trip is we were not used to being 10,000 feet above sea level so it was very hard for us to breathe when being active so every time I buried my rental polaris edge it was not fun to get out, also it was about 40 degrees during the day until saturday the day we left we saw temps as low as negative 15... for those of you in michigan like me that forgot what negative temps are like, well they are very coldd. Other than that it was a fun trip did mostly skiing. Now I think for my senior trip for high school next year one of my friends and I might save up for a trip out west to like wyomig or something instead of going somewhere like mexico... I loved knowing that in alot of areas I couldnt step off of my sled without sinking to my waist in snow...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sounds like you had a good trip there Nick. Glad some of us got to ride so far this season.

Z-Rider

1 - 13 of 13 Posts