Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best/lightest foot traction strips going to be ordering some tomarow hopfully after some good feed back gotta get all my stuff on order this week cause when i come back from deer hunting snow is usally the next week ! December 1 in southeastern wisconsin 2 years in a row some record snowstorms

·
Registered
76 Posts
What chassis do you have? I've put the F7 Arctic Cat cooler/ grip plates on two 98 t-cats with some slight modification and they were around 35 USD for the set. I do not know if you can still get them or not?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2002 ZR 600 cce is that a ZR3 ? but i saw i think sno stuff had 20 plastic pyramid grips that where id have to see 1/2 at least triangle traction i guess they pop rivet in 10 for each side 25 bucks just last year i slipped a ton lol

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (asaracing21 @ Nov 10 2009, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2002 ZR 600 cce is that a ZR3 ? but i saw i think sno stuff had 20 plastic pyramid grips that where id have to see 1/2 at least triangle traction i guess they pop rivet in 10 for each side 25 bucks just last year i slipped a ton lol[/b]

i run those with the outter grip plates and like them alot. they bite your boots hard.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you post a picture of how you have yours mounted on your running boards and let me see there here it is Sno Stuff Traction Strips universal 3/8th high pyramid design price 25.10 per 20 those? and a picture of how to place would be great roughly....

·
Registered
67 Posts
When I fabricated my custom tunnel I added the coolant strips found on Polaris sleds. I like those cause they melt the snow around them Then in my tunnel sides I drilled holes about an inch in diameter and then heated the aluminum up really hot and took a hammer and something like a socket a milimeter or so larger than the hole and hammered the hole up so that it created a sort of grip that also lets snow or water etc out. . A couple other things I've done in the past is installed that rivet on plastic grip you can buy in different colors and that works rather well. Another thing I've done on tunnels I've built is the same principal as the hole and hammer thing I do only something like you see on SkiDoo Revs where they make a raised claw like grip in the tunnel. That too isn't all that hard to do. But for simplicity those rivet style grips with the bumps that hold onto your boots are great

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much guys also great input on fabricating your own tunnel ill try these sno stuff grips first and go from there btw my orange windshield came in today woot cant wait to see it on this sled no engine mods sept a can well see how that goes other than that i just spoofed my sled up a bit maybe next year ill put the time into tunnel polishing all in time :)

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
I have Sno Slip edge roll grips and Sno Grip plates for mine but removed the plates now and just run the edge roll grips. My boots fit better in the boards without the plates.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You can make your own for cheap if you have a length of square tubing, drill and something like a bandsaw.

I cut out quite a few a while back and am waiting to finish my sled to install them. They look very similar to those Cat ones, cost a fraction of the price, and are bare aluminum... oh and don't have the cat logo cut out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
heres what i did on my zrt. there for an f series but i got em to work. there was only n1 hole i couldn't rivit because of the under carriage mount. feet haven't slipped yet.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts