Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
do you know where i could get a foot brake master cylinder for a 05 arctic cat 400 4x4?
bought one off ebay and of course it doesnt fit. and if i look on the arcticcatpartshouse it dose not have it listed anymore.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
You're looking at just the master cylinder which is discontinued. A very pricey kit is still available though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're looking at just the master cylinder which is discontinued. A very pricey kit is still available though.

yeah, and i dont really want to pay 150plus.for one.

·
Administrator
35,841 Posts
Why doesn’t it fit?

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
yeah, and i dont really want to pay 150plus.for one.
That’s the price we pay for holding onto our older quads. Parts don’t get cheaper and quad values are going down. Leave it off if you don’t want to pay. If your quad was worth 10k, would you buy it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2005 500, bought used a just few months ago. It has NOT been maintained very well. I started with replacing the front outboard cv boots and cleaning up all the brakes. Anyhow the Aux brake pedal was flat so I pulled it all off yesterday and cleaned it up. I would like to replace, or preferably rebuild the master. All I really need is the rubber band & cup on the internal bullet.Anybody have a clue where I might look online?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got it fixed,
took the plunger out of the old one.cleaned it up. and put it in the new master cylinder . and i drilled the holes out so it would bolt up to the factory mount.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Good to hear and thanks for the update

1 - 11 of 11 Posts