Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd time posting this, when atv is cold after cranked for first mile or so lots of white smoke. quad runs great while and after the smoke. only side affect i have and really bad gas milage. alreay replace new plugs, air filter??????? any ideas

·
Registered
232 Posts
might be burning oil... does your oil level drop any...

·
Registered
114 Posts
white smoke = anti freeze. You've got a water leak into the combustion chamber. Head, cylinder, etc. Blue smoke = oil.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
a small amount of oil burning will look like white smoke in the day time.

could be a number of things...

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sailfish1982 @ Jan 14 2007, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2nd time posting this, when atv is cold after cranked for first mile or so lots of white smoke. quad runs great while and after the smoke. only side affect i have and really bad gas milage. alreay replace new plugs, air filter??????? any ideas[/b]
Your valve seals are leaking. I have an old air cooled Suzuki that does the same thing. No antifreeze involved there and it smokes serious heavy white smoke particularly after being left to sit overnight after a long ride. The oil in the cylinder head leaks down past the valve seals and settles into the cylinder. When you fire it up, the oil ignites with the fuel and.... well you see what happens. Replace your valve seals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts