Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost done with my frankensled ZR600 EFI. Just looking for a little insight with regards to flywheel and timing compatibility.
Long story short, I blew up the 1998, the crank snapped in two.
I have a 2000 EFI crank and crankcase. I’m using the 1998 jugs and head, so there are no power valves.
My issue or question is, the 2000 crank didn’t come with a flywheel. I have a few 1998 flywheels laying around. Will the 2000 crank work with a 1998 flywheel? I read that the 2000+ required a 2000+ flywheel due to power valves. But since I don’t have those, am I ok? (Basically I’m running a 98-99 top end on a 2000 bottom end).
I can get a flywheel from eBay or the local sled salvage if need be. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part number for 1998-1999 flywheel: 3005-270

Part number for 2000+ flywheel: 3005-698
Can anyone tell me what makes them different (if there are differences)?

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Not up on those but if you look, one may have more magnets or a different space around them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The magnets are the same, 6 on both. The biggest concern I have is how the raised portion on the outside of the flywheel that triggers the timing sensor differs between the two. Looking on pictures online, it’s just too hard to see. Most pictures don’t have enough detail. All my friends moved on to newer sleds so we can’t look in theirs lol!

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Not as familiar with those as the big triples. Maybe someone will chime in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts