Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey flybyu,was this thing sooo fast that you flew into orbit :trail: ha,ha have a nice day :super_happy:

·
Registered
45 Posts
LOL, No this is not on a mission to mars, it's still here on this planet and running fine. We haven't spent alot of time on that project recently but when we slow down and get some time on our hands we jump on that for a bit then put it aside & cover it up. This project is something that we put together to do alot of R&D for things to come. There is changes being made to this all the time, different intakes, exhaust, charge tube dia, turbos, ect. Were going to see how well it can do with these changes & still use most of the factory electronics then were going to rid the sled of all factory electronics & run a stand alone ECU. So to comment on any HP #'s at this time would be difficult to say since there changing all the time. There will be a time where we have reached a point that no more HP can be gained from our changes then at that time we will be done. So at this time all I can say is were happy with the outcome so far but we know we can go farther.
If you want to hear some #'s I can give up these 130+hp on map one, 150+ on map two. Those are trail numbers for the T660. 238+hp with torque levels at 178 for the T660 with bigger turbo & exhaust. This is amazing lil motor that just keeps taking the abuse time & time again. We have beat'n this motor for hours on end on the dyno, across lakes, through the trials & it still runs perfect. I hope when AC comes out with there turbo Z1 it will respond the same way.
I'm sorry Milt for not giving up things you might want to hear but for the sake of not getting caught up in the HP# game we would like to stay on the sidelines for awhile. Please respect that & thank you your intrest. Flybyu.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you guys for the update.we kind of felt lonesome down here.i won,t bother you for awhile.keep up the good work and good look with your project.have a nice day milt

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it,s that time again.hope you pulled the cover off and had a look.end of season for me.ran 97m.p.h on lake with ripsaw and 94 pines it seems to top out there.did 4 runs.will go to f8 gears with50/36 cam.will try it next year.suppose to be good for close to 8m.p.h. gain.will see.have a nice summer milton :sledder:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Milt, gearing up will help, leaning it out a bit & kicking up the timing a few degrees @ high load brings the sled to just about 138-140hp & brings the Trq levels up a bit too, this helps when gearing up & doesn't seem to lose anything on the lower end. As for our turbo the cover came off last week & spent last night & this morning working on the wiring schematic for the stand alone ECU. With the stand alone we will be able to control all engine functions much more precisely not to mention having the abilty to use antilag, progressive nitrous, turbo timer & the use of other add on's all in one unit. Just this alone will take a bit of time to set up & program, to save some tuning time we may eliminate the chassis control & few (to us) unnecessary features since we don't see this machine riding on to many trails... You have a good summer also. Jeff

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi jeff.summer has gone,leaves are falling.makes a guy think about when the snow will come.got me thinking about you guy,s and what did you do when the cover came off of the jag.had a chat with all shippa,mr cat himself.nothing new from him,not even a little 2 h.p.told me 2 sleds ran at haydays with modified cames and e.c.u,s.apparently one came in 4th in it,s classe.could be a start for none turbo,s.don,t undrestand why nobody is,nt coming out with some preformance part,s for them like pat hauck with his yamies.wishfull thinking.like i told you before i geared mine up to last year,s f8,changed the came for the one out of a 2005 turbo.once we get snow,we will see.by the way you told me to advance my timing a couple of degrees and lean it out.how do i lean it out?also what and how to watch for if i lean it out.no experience with 4 strokes.have a good day milt

·
Registered
45 Posts
Milt,
Covers back off & been playing a little. We now have a complete new fuel system from pump to injectors, running a stand alone ECU, exhaust change & it's sitting back on the dyno to tune this combo. We been happy with the results so far, do not see records being broken but being it's still together & holding up great keeps us smiling. I'll try to get some pictures of some of the changes & post them sometime. Hope you had a great summer & a better winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts