Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i always wanted a pair of foxfloats on a sled, now i have they oppertunity to do so. I dunno what would be best, i herd fox floats dont last as long as the sring type or is that just myth. i just want your oppion, i dont really ride hard core, but it gives the sled a cleaner look.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I've read good things about the floats. I put the 2002 ZR front a-arms and shocks on my ZRT. The problem was length. The closest length to the 02 18" eye to eye shock were the M6/M7 Floats at around 17.5". The F7 Floats are way to long. If you take you're shock out of the sled and they measure 18" from the center of one eye to the center of the other eye than you are in business. I found lots on E-bay but passed them up cause I can get three pairs of ACT ZR shocks for the price of one pair of Floats. Not to sure on the length of the Floats from the Yamaha APEX RTX or the APEX mountain. HMMM.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I find them more work, as you need to adjust air pressures etc.
And that the initial ride is not as good as springs.
They seem to be good on big hits, just not small bumps.
But you lose a few pounds which is good....Whatever your decision ride and enjoy ! :beer_cheers:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am a trail ridder put many miles on at a time, sometimes overnighters. basicaully the reason why i am asking this is i think they look kewl, give the sled a cleaner look, but would they last as long as the sled ???

·
Registered
747 Posts
If you are riding a Z570 (as in your info column), then a good set of rebuildable gas shocks (from a ZR) , not throw away Z/ ZL shocks would be a good start. As mentioned above, the Firecat Floats will be way too long for a ZR/ ZL/ Z chassis- they will bottom out way too quick. If you need to look "kewl" then by all means, spend the $$$$ on some floats. For functionality and cost effectiveness, find someone's ZR takeoffs....

Kinda like pimping out your old rusted out 79 Caprice with some 22's that cost 2 grand.... IMO my2cents

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah z570 is the one im ridding for the rest of this year, next year it will be hopefully a crossfire sno pro 500 so does this help ?? z570 is nothing to do now, im preparing for the future

·
Registered
747 Posts
FYI, Crossfire 500 Sno Pro does not exist- only 800 and 1000 (for 07)----- but I would still not try the F/ CF shocks on a Z chassis.

·
Registered
524 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
FYI, Crossfire 500 Sno Pro does not exist- only 800 and 1000 (for 07)----- but I would still not try the F/ CF shocks on a Z chassis.[/b]
It may not exist but anything is possible if someone is willing to foot the bill. For a while I acutally was looking into getting a 07 X-fire 500 w/ sno pro shocks and 06 F5 motor for X-country racing, dealer could not put it together within my price range so I scraped that project...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think i forgot this, its going on a 0s8 no pro 500 if they make it this year, and for the z570 im not doing anything to it, its my borthers

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nunavut_Crossfire @ Jan 2 2007, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
FYI, Crossfire 500 Sno Pro does not exist- only 800 and 1000 (for 07)----- but I would still not try the F/ CF shocks on a Z chassis.[/b]
It may not exist but anything is possible if someone is willing to foot the bill. For a while I acutally was looking into getting a 07 X-fire 500 w/ sno pro shocks and 06 F5 motor for X-country racing, dealer could not put it together within my price range so I scraped that project...
[/b][/quote]

Same thoughts. I've been using gas and oil money for upgrades.. no snow bang your head

I didn't like the air so I opted for a set of Ohlins at all 4 corners on my 07 XF 1000. I installed them before I put on any miles. The dealer said he'll help me unload them. IMHO I wanted something that would be consistant and not have to worry if I had an air leak. The spring will support your sled for the ride home if the shock fails.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have to say there is a noticeable difference (better) between the floats on my 06 crossfire and the regular sno pro spring shocks on my 03 F7..

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok wtf so am i better with springs ?? i liek the aluminum tunnel, is there maybe a way i can work something out wiht my dealer about switching shocks ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts