Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 artic cat 500. It cranks and runs. I ride it at 3-5 mph and after 300 yards it acts like it is starving for fuel. It will idle fine for about 15 minutes and dies. I have drained the tank and filled with fresh gas. Added some seafoam. It still shows the same symptoms. If it starts to cut out I can stop and it will continue to idle fine. Is this a ssymptom of a float that is sticking?

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
I would check the vacuum lines that feed the vacuum fuel pump first. There is a nipple on the intake boot that the vacuum line is connected too. They can crack or the boot can rot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks for the input, I will check tonight and reply, I previously pulled the inlet line off of the carb and while cranking the pump looked to work extremely well at pumping gas out of the line.

·
Administrator
7,563 Posts
doorfx is on the right track. It's a pulse line that gets its info between the carb and the cylinder head. Thats what powers the fuel pump, Being an 06 and with ethanol gas, it might be time to replace all vacuum/pulse lines as well as any vent lines. Even the fuel pump might be effected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
tiggershark
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing