Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out on my 05 Scat 700 over the weekend and had to ride fairly slow so the guy I was with could keep up. If i rode under 5500 rpm the check engine light would flash continuously . If I pulled to a stop even with the motor running it would go out. Or if I got up above 5500 the light would go out. You guys have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well if its the yellow flashing light i suggest you hit some powder!!

A yellow flashing light is a temperature warning..hit some loose snow to get it up on the coolers.

I have the same problem when my daughter follows me on her Kitty Cat,seems better to drive ahead alittle ways with some speed to get snow moving in the tunnel.. then stop and wait for her to catch up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check engine light is red. According to the sticker it means its over heating (or atleast running warmer than normal). Dont think it was hot, was only -3* outside air temp and there was enough snow for cooling the heat exchangers.

·
Registered
691 Posts
When it flashes get in the powder and give it throttle. Both my Sabers are like that especially when I go slow....not enough snow to cool down the exchangers....Next time go in the powder and see if the light goes out! If so, you know what the problem and the cure is :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
My second ride out on my new 2006 F6 SnoPro and I had the same problem. It was a mild day, trails hadn't been groomed so we were averaging about 30-40 mph due to blown in drifts and my check engine light kept flashing. I had my cell phone with me so I called the dealer from where we were and they said it was over heating. I didn't understand it as there's a temperature light and why the heck wasn't that coming out. Well sure enough, when I got home I checked the owners manual and maybe if I looked through that first I would have known. Turns out when the engine starts to get too warm, the check engine light will flash first before the temperature light even comes on. As soon as I got out into the open and opened the sled up, the light went out and I never saw it again until later when I had to slow down for too long.

Even though they're liquid cooled machines, they still require the natural help from the snow and air to keep them cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts