Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, this is for a friend. He plowed into a telephone pole yesterday on a ride, and shoved the left side front suspension (A-arms, shock, spindle) back a few inches into the belly pan. The bulkhead on that side has a bow in it and pushed back a tad. It was still driveable, though the motor mount looks pushed back as well. Is the bulkhead able to be separated from the rest of the tunnel, or should he be looking for a new roller/ donor, or a good frame/ chassis altogether? I'll be putting a ad up in the WTB, but figured I would ask you all if you ever had any experience rebuilding a sled like this, as I haven't fixed this much damage before. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: it's a 2005 F7 EXT efi

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Firstly, this is for a friend. He plowed into a telephone pole yesterday on a ride, and shoved the left side front suspension (A-arms, shock, spindle) back a few inches into the belly pan. The bulkhead on that side has a bow in it and pushed back a tad. It was still driveable, though the motor mount looks pushed back as well. Is the bulkhead able to be separated from the rest of the tunnel, or should he be looking for a new roller/ donor, or a good frame/ chassis altogether? I'll be putting a ad up in the WTB, but figured I would ask you all if you ever had any experience rebuilding a sled like this, as I haven't fixed this much damage before. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: it's a 2005 F7 EXT efi
find a bulk head from a F7 and use your longer tunnel. finding a complete ext chassis might be tough but 128 firecat chassis are easy to find. They do separate. You can get complete chassis for cheap. I picked one up for 150 bucks for the sled I rebuilt. Its not hard to swap it over, just time consuming

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, what a project. That thing looks awesome. So, splitting the bulkhead from the tunnel is possible then right? How many of the bulkheads are interchangeable? I know that the '05 (including this one) are DD, whereas the '03-04 run a chaincase. Is there differences in the bulkhead with those, or are the mounting provisions same? Also, does it have to be a F7 donor, or will a 5 or 6 work too?

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Wow, what a project. That thing looks awesome. So, splitting the bulkhead from the tunnel is possible then right? How many of the bulkheads are interchangeable? I know that the '05 (including this one) are DD, whereas the '03-04 run a chaincase. Is there differences in the bulkhead with those, or are the mounting provisions same? Also, does it have to be a F7 donor, or will a 5 or 6 work too?

if you have a DD sled get a dd chassis. They do split, just time consuming to do it. A 5, 6, and 7 are all the same. Same with the saber cats. I am not sure if the dd is mounted to the tunnel or bulk head or both.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the awesome information and help with this. I appreciate it a lot. I'll be checking in if I have more questions. Thanks again!

·
Registered
230 Posts
The front tub does separate from the tunnel, they overlap right around the front bolts for the rear suspension. Just have to drill out a ton of rivets. As said a very time consuming job, have to completely strip the sled, drill out a bunch of rivets, re-rivet it, and put it all back together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts