Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Well I just bought my first sled yesterday, can't wait to get on it an go for a rip. Is it possible to wire up a heated visor on an old sled like this? I haven't bought a helmet yet, and don't plan to till I find out. The sled is a 93 EXT 580z, long track. No electric start, but has hand and thumb warmers. I am hoping its possible and not to crazy of a job, and I can do it myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

SB

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome to the wonderfull world of snowmobiling. I bought my first sled last year, 1993 EXT 550 EFI sooo much fun. I can't see wiring in a visore plug to hard but mine does have a battery for the EFI not sure about yours but I would think any twelve volt soarce you could pigtail off of would work. Oh ya post pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is EFI too, excellent, shouldn't be a huge issue then, did you install your own? was it simple?

·
Registered
256 Posts
i have a totaly different sled but my sled didnt have a heated visor on it. i called the dealer and they told me to use the yellow and brown wires off the speedo or tach

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
If you look under the hood by the speedo, you will see the yellow/brown wires. Arctic cat sells a plug to go in one of the open spots here. There may also be an accessory plug just like the other one under the dash by the ignition. I have put them on a 92 jag, 94 & 95 ZR, 98 Z440 and a 04 Pantera. My new sled has an accessory outlet already there, I just needed an adapter. The only thing to watch is which helmet you get, and what kind of plug it needs. Older PFP Arctic Cat helmets had a different plug end on them. You plug it in and twisted it to lock it. Now they use an RCA type plug and that seems common with all the other helmet brands electric shields. Hope this helps, but it is easy to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts