Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 20 years out of snowmobiling I'm back! I've always been a Cat man and rode hard through the late 70's and early 80's. A career move and family changed all of that. Back in MN and itching to ride again I purchased an '03 F7 EFI for myself and an '01 ZL 600 for my 13 year old son. My last sled was an '81 El Tigre 5000 which I bought new and put about 5,000 miles on. Needless to say, the change in technology in the last 25 years is unreal. We got enough snow this weekend to try them out and I can't say enough about the power and ride of the Firecat. I'm thrilled to be back in the sport and really enjoy this site!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Cool man. Now i wish we had some snow hear so I could try mine out....... bang your head

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
OldCatMan, welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

Hey, have any pics of your Cats?

:chug:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome back to the sport! Cat happy Make sure you have all the updates done on the Fcat and you should be good. A set of Aftermarket ski's makes a big difference in front end handling also. Two mighty fine sleds you picked up there... :ridepride:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bet you missed not riding for so long!! anyways you won't be dissapointed with the firecats they are the :turd: welcome to the site! chflagwv:

·
Registered
283 Posts
welcome call OCM, Cant say I ever rode an older sled, but the guy I sold my 99ZR700 to said he hadnt ridden a snowmobile since his father owned a John Deere.....Knew as soon as he said that he would be buying mine as we were standing on the side of the highway and he was strapping on a helmet to give it a test flight. Hope you and your boy enjoy the sleds and the forum. :ridepride:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the positive words and encouragement. Its great to be back in the sport, especially with my son! I love this site and will look forward to learning from all of you seasoned Cat riders out there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah i was surprised how fast it was too, had my first ride this weekend

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Old Cat Man,

Sorry to double up on your handle. If I had known I would have selected a different one. Since I am 9 years older than you maybe it should be Really Old Cat Man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts