Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Just like to say that after graduating from university in southern Ontario, I finally got to put some decent mid season miles on my sled back home in the yukon! Its been far, far to long and thats the only reason I am sharing this with you all, cause it was so fun! It was a classic day, -5 Celsius, snowing on the summit, 10 minutes from my house to the hill on the sleds, 4 feet of fresh pow... thats right, 4 feet from last weekend, and it was snowing at a rate of 3 inches an hour! Tore it up for a few hours, then rode home for a beer. Lots of cats on the hills, including my buddies new M8 162, what a ride that thing is.... Take it from me, there is nothing these new sleds can't climb! feels like a 700 with waaay more torque. I don't have pictures from this weekend, but i will be smart enough to bring the camera this coming weekend when we tear up the fresh that just fell up bear creek summit, i will also get some shots of the Alcan 200 road race from Haines AK to just outside Haines Junction, Yukon.

Ok, thats it.... Just had to share that feeling with all you guys who don't have alot of snow... I know its a drag, but remember how fun it is when you get back on and get to ride them again! keep doing the snow dance and I'll try and send some south for you all! :beer_cheers:
Mark

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Maybe i should move to Whitehorse.

Actually i had a friend that lived there and owned a Mexican restaurant of all things....strange eh!!

Then she got pregnant and sold out to raise the kid in Ontario.I guess she didn't sled.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canadianfcat @ Jan 16 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe i should move to Whitehorse.

Actually i had a friend that lived there and owned a Mexican restaurant of all things....strange eh!!

Then she got pregnant and sold out to raise the kid in Ontario.I guess she didn't sled.[/b]
ontario eh! so what did you name him!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
canadian firecat, I lived in thorold near the top of burleigh hill ( i went to Brock U)... I heard there was an ice storm there... can you ride or slide around anywhere or was it just ice? as well, i will get pics asap from the coming ride... should be sweet.. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
No kidding Brock eh?

The storm was all ice and rain..i could run the Hydro fields with the bit that we have now but nothing exciting.

A transformer blew at the top of Burleigh hill and left us without power for 7 hrs. yesterday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts