Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well finally got out on the f-cat and now I see what all the hype is about, this thing rocks!!!! But I have a couple issues/ questions 05 f-7 efi sp

1) after a good accel to about 50-60 then cruise for a few min at about 35-50 then go to get on it again it seems to have a hesitation. Almost feels like its loading up but blip the throttle a couple times and then she takes off. does this sound like stock clutching not backshifting quick enough?? clutches are clean and new cat belt

2) does anyone know about the rich problem that everyone buys the fuel reducer for, my question is, is this a high fuel pressure problem or is the injector pulse width to high ( ecu fuel map issue ) if it is pw issue can it be corrected w a boondocker??

thanks for any help :site:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yes, they all seem to have this hesitation/bog.

Your second question is kinda loaded. Yes, there is too much fuel getting to the cylinders. It's because they would rather be on the rich side (vs. the lean piston melting side) from the factory and they only have so tight of a manufacturing tolerence that they can hold, so they make sure the fuel pressure is a little rich.

boondocker is usually used to add fuel when you go to serious mods like twin pipes. Single pipes to not require boondocker and may just increase the airflow enough to match the higher fuel pressure.

Yes, you could remap the ECU with shortened PW ( I think they did this for 06MY), but that seems like a PITA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS FOR THE INPUT, I FOUND MY HESITATION PROBLEM. PULLED MY SEONDARY LAST NT TO INSTALL
NEW ROLLERS BEFORE TRIP THIS WEEKEND AND FOUND MY SHEAVES EXTREMLY WORN. THE BUSHING IS NO LONGER THERE AND CHEWED THE **** OUT OF THE OTHER HALF
SO I GUESS ITS OFF TO THE DEALER TODAY FOR AN INSERTION TO MY REAR nutkick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts