Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just picked up a nice 04 F6 with 2000 miles, 144 picks in new track, other than that it is bone stock.
I ride groomed trails, what can I do to get some more power form this 600 motor, but keep it reliable.? This is my first Arcitc Cat sled, and I like it already more than the old brand. Any inpute is great, and if you have some parts for it please let me know I just might buy them.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3000.00. not a scratch though. And it came with a two place trailer, cargo bags, matching coat and Modular helmet and sled stand.

·
Registered
737 Posts
that sounds like a pretty good deal. You will like the sled, the 600 is a good engine with proven reliability, as far as mods go I am not sure but I'm sure they will be guys on here that can help you.

Jeff

·
Registered
302 Posts
great deal man! CLUTCH IT!!! everyone will agree its the biggest bang for your buck. You could also get a pipe and y-pipe, or get a full exhaust system, but you'd have to do that first and then clutch it according to your setup. But the exhauyst system will run u some extra dough, but the clutch kit alone is pretty cheap and gives you amazing results

·
Registered
302 Posts
mmmm..... NO! haha

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you ridden the sled yet? You should ride it first, then mod it from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have not rode yet, no snow here that stayed. Im going to ride it first, just trying to get some Ideas of what people have done, and what works on these sleds.

·
Registered
385 Posts
A pair of after market skis is the best mod in my opinion. Doesnt give you more get up and go, but allows you to take the trails twice as fast. I have a pair of C&A Razors and absolutely love them. The sled performs like its on rails. No matter how fast ur going the sled goes where you want it too. I ride a F5 and smoke all my friends on F7s and rev 800s when were going down the trails just because i can take the corners so much faster.

Seriously consider a pair because its the best money ive ever spent on my sled. Amazing difference from stock skis.

·
Registered
204 Posts
a 700 top end. all you need is 700; pistons, cylinders, head, ecu, power valves and throttle bodies. most of the time you can find ppl selling the top end in a sled part out. go to Hardcoresledder.com you should be able to find lots of info there.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hello,

Congrats on your new sled. I owned 04 F6 SnoPro before I bought my F8. I left everything stock untill around 3 thousand miles and I clutched it with ODS kit and it preformed great. I sold it at 5000 miles.

You say that your F6 is your first Arctic Cat but in your past sled info says 02 ZR8 and 98 ZR6 so what's the story here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No it said First Firecat not first cat. This is my first Firecat sled. Always liked the looks just had a hard time getting rid of the old ZR

·
Registered
781 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arctic Blast 800 @ Nov 11 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, I just picked up a nice 04 F6 with 2000 miles, 144 picks in new track, other than that it is bone stock.
I ride groomed trails, what can I do to get some more power form this 600 motor, but keep it reliable.? This is my first Arcitc Cat sled, and I like it already more than the old brand. Any inpute is great, and if you have some parts for it please let me know I just might buy them.
Thanks[/b]
Ahhh I see, see the bold line, that's where I got confused I dunno

Is your F6 Sno Pro or standard? EFI or Carb?

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Skis, Clutch kit, and a Speedwerks single pipe will turn that sled from good to great. I've never heard anything good about ypipes on f6's so I'd be wary of that one.

Edit: turn your oil pump down at least 2 turns if it hasn't been done yet too.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Just leave it stock,keep it in good tune,and you will be happy. The wife has a 600 Saber. Its rock solid,his never let us down. And have made many a so called faster,and bigger sled look sick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not shore how to tell if its an early bird, I think its standard EFI.

Sorry about the confusion sometimes I type too fast and dont proof read. opps

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice sled I have a f6 to and so does my cousin one is a 04 F6 Sno Pro mine and his is a 04 F6 EFI EB. I would do the ODS Clutch Kit and the 5/8" swaybar and the C&A Skis.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts