Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always raced quads and the rebound is fast. I was told the fox shocks were rebuilt in fall by previous owner. It seems to rebound slow. Is this Normal on a sled. I did what the helpful members suggested and loosend the rear shock spring that was all the way tight because it was bucking all over and kicked my butt. I also removed the rear block for traction. The triangle adjuster is on the thinnest part of triangle which I would assume is the softest setting. I cant test this due to no snow. Im planning a trip to tug hill in a few days and would like to get it set up before I take the long trip and im stuck with whatever I have set. Does this all sound right?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
If you raced quads, your shocks were probably valved for your weight and riding style so rebound was set, stock sled shocks are just what it says, stock

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
That sled will sag a few inches as well when you first sit on it... And then come back up real slow once you get off. That's normal.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Sounds like the springs are sacked out that will account for the slower than normal rebound. pretty common usually get 2-3 seasons out of them before they start to sag

·
Registered
71 Posts
How heavy are you in your gear? It's taken me a while to set my firecat up to my liking, but this season has been awesome. I love my sled.

I didn't realize when I got it that my F6 had the heavy (fat boy) torsion springs in it from the previous owner and it was horrid. So stiff I couldn't stay in the seat and probably only using 1/2 the travel, if that. Since I thought they were sno-pro torsions I put in standards, but even on their stiffest setting I still bottomed in 1-2' rollers. Then, I installed the sno pro springs - much better, but even on their lowest setting they would almost never bottom and the ride was pretty harsh. Now, I'm running 1 sno-pro spring and 1 standard spring and it's perfect for me. On their lightest setting it's quite compliant but still almost never bottoms, and I'm using all the travel of the skid. It ROCKS!

Oh, and yes the rebound is quite slow - when I push down on the back it slowly rises back up. I'm also running Fett Brothers stage 2 after my dealer "recharged" my rear shock so hard it was almost not a shock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U have 2 springs? I have one sbock no spring...and a sbock with a spring. Unless I misunderstood you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts