Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

More on the Clutch chronicals..Today my primary clutch stuck engaged and when I hit the break it stalled the engine.

Has this ever happenend to any one?

4500 miles on the sled.

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
It hasn't happened to me but it does happen. Your primary is in need of a basic rebuild. I thought the newer 6 tower clutches were better than the old 9 tower clutches as far as rebuilds go. They seem to be very close as to how often they need to be serviced. 4500 miles is about average for a clutch to be in need of service. I guess I'm way above average on 1 sled, it has 7000 miles on the original clutch and still going strong...................tigger

·
Registered
302 Posts
yupp exact same thing happened to me, but one of my spider bushings get jammed for a bit, wrecked a wieght and flat spotted the roller bushing. The bushing in the movable sheave and front cover seem quite wore, only about 4000 miles on it. But now cat doesn't make a rebuild kit for the spider bushings or sheave bushings, replacement only.... which is so dumb, can anyone help, i pretty much have to buy a whole new clutch. im going to see if the spider rollers will still come out though, then i could make one at work. as for the sheave and cover bushing, im not sure what a guy can do

·
Registered
747 Posts
Same thing happened to me this year- spider roller locked up and ate up the weight. Problem is that it also gouged the aluminum housing adjacent to the weight. New clutch needed- but it did have 7500 miles on it. Forgot to mention it was a 2003 F5......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts