Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The intake boot between my airbox and throttle bodies keeps popping off the right throttle body cause my motor to lean out. Any one else have this problem?
praubly just gonna change the whole boot.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
never had this issue, is the rubber in there clean and not greasy when you remount it? if there are any cracks or splits, even beginning ones, replace it right away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem on m F7 carb. I used a heat gun, and a couple buddies to help get the boot back onto the carbs. I used gear clamps to tighten the boot on the carbs so it wouldn't come off. Definitely a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I was wondering if you found a solution to your boot problem? I have a 05 Firecat, and I am having the same problem with the one side being off the carb. Did you end up replacing the boot?
Wow old thread revival...glad people remember how to use search haha! I just replaced the boot...it was a hell of a lot cheaper than a new top end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply

I had the same problem on m F7 carb. I used a heat gun, and a couple buddies to help get the boot back onto the carbs. I used gear clamps to tighten the boot on the carbs so it wouldn't come off. Definitely a pain in the ass.[

I went to Home Depot and picked up a 2" rubber fitting ($4.44) that came with two gear clamps. I cut it down to fit, and put one on each carb over lapping the existing air box. It worked great. I did have to remove the front plastic air box that connects to the hood, but all and all not too bad of a fix. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.