Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 F6 and it has the gas tank update done but it seems like the cap leaks alittle,i only have 100 miles on the sled.I don't want to crank it down to tight because of the problems with the tank necks braking!Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems?Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like you are going to get a new tank. This happens if the insert is not precisely in the correct location. Cat supplied a tool to install the neck insert for that very reason. :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Razzle @ Jan 28 2007, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 06 F6 and it has the gas tank update done but it seems like the cap leaks alittle,i only have 100 miles on the sled.I don't want to crank it down to tight because of the problems with the tank necks braking!Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems?Thanks![/b]
Keep in mind the gas tank/filler neck problem wasn't due to excessing tightening. They were due to people leaning on the gas nozzle, while it rested on the side of the filler neck (instead of just holding the gas handle). I'm not saying you'll fix the problem by over tightening your gas cap ... but you should be able to crank it on there w/o too much concern (other than getting the cap back off LOL).

·
Registered
122 Posts
make sure there is a rubber gasket in the cap,, my 05 came with out it and saw on the parts diagram there was one, fixed the problem and the dealer never charged me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gruff @ Jan 29 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
make sure there is a rubber gasket in the cap,, my 05 came with out it and saw on the parts diagram there was one, fixed the problem and the dealer never charged me.[/b]
I will have to check for the rubber gasket,because i don't remember seeing one in the cap!Thought it was kind of strange that it didn't have one?Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts