Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have been sitting in this cubicle all week working and looking at sleds, thinking of a way to buy/build a sled for next season. It's Friday and I can't wait to get out of here, so I might be losing it, but...

Will a crossfire tunnel fit onto a Firecat bulkhead?
Could you in theory, put the tunnel from Crossfire onto Firecat bulkhead and then bolt up Crossfire skid and track and have yourself a F7/X7 hybrid?

·
Registered
788 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IowaHwx @ Apr 13 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
First off, I have been sitting in this cubicle all week working and looking at sleds, thinking of a way to buy/build a sled for next season. It's Friday and I can't wait to get out of here, so I might be losing it, but...

Will a crossfire tunnel fit onto a Firecat bulkhead?
Could you in theory, put the tunnel from Crossfire onto Firecat bulkhead and then bolt up Crossfire skid and track and have yourself a F7/X7 hybrid?[/b]
I guess the general answer is, "Anything is possible."

I will however say two things about this...

1.) the X-fire tunnel is wider then the Fcat bulk head so I am not sure how well it would fit (16" wide tunnel 14" wide bulkhead)

2.) WHY would you want to do that? The X-fire bulkhead, in gerneral, is better all-around then the Firecats.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you like building things unusual, move the skid back and put a 144" track under it either with a 1.25" lug or big dog 2".

Fabricate or purchase new front skid mounting point brackets as well as the rear skid mount points. Moving a skid back doesn't take a lot of money but it does take a lot of upfront planning and precision fabrication work.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That mod would be very involved and take a very good aluminum welder. Plus you would have to completely re-fab. the back half of the bulkhead and get a X-Fire drive shaft for starters. You would be better off finding
a X-Fire bulkhead and tunnel and start swapping parts and making a list of all the new parts you will need.

I have an F7 I would love to convert to an M7
The closer I looked at it the more I talked myself out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts