Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one help??? First a buddy and I bought 05 limited edition F7s both carb models. Out of the box mine was a little faster. So he messed with his pilot jets and found he had #35s stock. He went to a #40 and I added bikemans power valve spacers but he was still beating me a hair. So I checked my pilots and I only had #30s stock.I thought this was wierd his had #35s and mine had#30s when the sleds are identicle. So I went to a #40 like him and mine ran like ****. So this year I put a D&D monster single pipe,D&D high flow manifold and a Slp can. Fresh gas plugs all that good stuff. My top end is good with a #490 main over the #470 stock. But my take off is still puke. I went down to a #35 pilot with the air screw at 1 1/2 turns and it fell on its face(spit and sputter) then at 2 turns it got better then 3 turns out it got near perfect but not quite. I was told 3 turns is your limit then after that you need to drop your pilot. So I did. Back to my stock#30s and it runs like crap! Why ?? When the air screw is turned out does this not let more air in? Anyone with any experiance dealing with this prob please help!! Is my D&D monster single too much pipe for a stock F7?? D&D when called was no help. When I called them for jetting specs for my pipe they transfered me about five times and put me on hold for about 25 minutes then they gave me a women that said she had the jetting specs but asked if my sled was EFI!!!

Thanks for any help!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts