Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the last new finishline turbo for sale on ebay for $ 3495.00 and was able to talk the guy down to $3000.00 and will have it in a couple of days ,and he is also sending me the info on who built the systems for finishline . I will take photos of the install as i install the turbo kit in the next week and i am going to find out if the company that built the system will build anymore kits as i may try to sell some kits if the system is as good as the guy said that sold it to me i will update soon

·
Registered
411 Posts
please keep us informed...for I to am looking to add one to my Z1...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did you ever think to trade your sled in and get a Z1 Turbo brand new with a warranty,rather than put $3000.00 plus in a used sled.What ever you decide good luck !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are some pictures of taken it apart

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about trading my sled in , but the factort Z1 Turbo is 177 hp and the kit i got is 225 hp at 7psi of boost on pump gas and i can get more hp (up to 300hp ) with some adjustments and racing fuel. But i did find out today after talking to D&D RACING that you have to do some work to the clutch to get the hp to the ground so i bought a Z1 TURBO HIJACKER CLUTCH KIT from D&D RACING for $455.00 . I can adjust the hp from 180 hp to 260 hp without having to take anything apart again and the kit comes with a extra heavyduty belt ( they said the stock belt would slip and overheat with anything over 200 hp and have a very short life ) the only other things i am going to add is a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge will update soon

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got the turbo kit in today and opened up the box and here is what everything looks like i did see that i am missing the pipe that goes from the turbo to the muffler and emailed finishline about the missing part . i also found out that the company that made the turbo kit is Richards Custom Cycle i emailed some questions about the kit like compression and how much boost will i get with this kit the web site is www.rccturbos.com. I have 102 studs in the track i will update soon

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
how goes the install go...and are you thru the beer supplies...lol...and for the people who are asking y do this and not just buy the turbo...ever heard of a sleeper...lol...and more importantly y not...keep up the good work

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is what i have got so far things are going very well i should have it running by the weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here are some more pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and here is some more pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here are some more pictures of the turbo install you can see no more air box in the way of the spark plugs now all i got to do is loosen 4 tee clamps to remove the turbo pipe to get to the plugs and as you can see i installed heat shield all around where the hot side of the turbo will be, and i also installed heat wrap around the fuel lines as well ,and i also took some pictures of me installing the gauges ( boost and fuel pressure ) i will install a air / fuel ratio gauge for tuning the fuel and timing maps and setting the boost and then i will take it off . also wile i had the sled apart i installed a heating pad to the seat ( i had to remove the cover to do it )it is easy to do and it only cost $60.00 for the kit and it comes with a lighted switch .all i had to do was run the wires under the gas tank to the dash for hooking up i also have all the clutching done and back together i am just about out of parts i must be getting close to being done !!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
more pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well i found out today from Arctic Cat ( after 8 phone calls ) that the 2007 jag does not have 12 to 1 compression it has 10 to 1 and the factory turbo has 7.5 to 1 compression and the factory turbo runs 7 pounds of boost to make the 177 ponies I also found out that the first finish line turbo install worked fine until they starded playing with the boost ( they ran it up to 14 psi ) that made 275 hp and it beat the rods out of it , so i am going to stay at 8 psi ( they said it will make 200 hp easy at 8 pounds of boost ) the only thing stopping me from starting it is i am still waiting for the pipe that goes from the turbo to the muffler and it will be here friday and then around the sub division i go lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts