Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has me on that lookout for a replacement for his '06 Panther 660 (aka the Mildcat).

He wants to stay 4-Stroke, non-turbo. I've been scouring the used market but things have been slow 4-Stoke wise up here in Maine and most of what I've found has been relatively high mileage (over 5k). Now used is used and you have to roll with the punches, he knows that but he's always purchased new in the past so this is a learning process. :)

My question is, is there still a new old stock inventory that AC is trying to clear out? A few years ago that was a real thing, supposedly you could go to your dealer, tell them what you wanted and they could search the country and AC would help get that machine to you. It was the reason AC dropped most of our beloved models, or so they said anyway.

The perfect sled for him would be an F1100/ZR5000. A ZR7000 would work too but from everything I've read I think I would lean 1100 over the Yamaha offering.

K

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not much for new old stock any more.
I'd be looking for an 07-08 Jaguar or 09-11 Z1.. essentially the same sled just with a different name and usual year to year changes.
I found a '10 Z1 that I sent over to him. It seemed pretty clean, 3000 miles so not too bad. He was worried about age.

He really isn't used to the used thing, it's almost comical. That Z1 would have been a good machine, warmer and more comfortable than a Procross and I like the 1100.

I'll keep looking. Not many machines for sale yet. I wish he let me know earlier, this spring there were a handful of good clean used 4-Stokes for sale.

K

·
Registered
190 Posts
I found a '10 Z1 that I sent over to him. It seemed pretty clean, 3000 miles so not too bad. He was worried about age.

He really isn't used to the used thing, it's almost comical. That Z1 would have been a good machine, warmer and more comfortable than a Procross and I like the 1100.

I'll keep looking. Not many machines for sale yet. I wish he let me know earlier, this spring there were a handful of good clean used 4-Stokes for sale.

K
A 2010 Z1 you could drive to the end of the earth on. The chassis is more reliable, comfortable, more durable than a procross. A much better trail sled especially for someone looking for a non turbo trail sled. That is the one to get.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
How could anyone replace the Mildcat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts