Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know this is probably the wrong area to ask this, but I wasn't sure what the right area would be.

Im wondering what a dealer gets if he sells me a machine and gets me to finance it. I'm having some legal issues with my dealer and he told cat I financed it through them, I didn't... but I need to know why he would claim that if it wasn't true...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,702 Posts
Hey guys, I know this is probably the wrong area to ask this, but I wasn't sure what the right area would be.

Im wondering what a dealer gets if he sells me a machine and gets me to finance it. I'm having some legal issues with my dealer and he told cat I financed it through them, I didn't... but I need to know why he would claim that if it wasn't true...

they get nothing for financing on cats programs. Arctic Cat also finances nothing. The loans are typically owned by Sheffield for arctic cat. Cat just pays sheffield the cost to offer low apr on their products. The dealer may have some kind of deal worked out with a local bank they get a kick back from and run all there finance through them. What finance company did you do the contract with?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they get nothing for financing on cats programs. Arctic Cat also finances nothing. The loans are typically owned by Sheffield for arctic cat. Cat just pays sheffield the cost to offer low apr on their products. The dealer may have some kind of deal worked out with a local bank they get a kick back from and run all there finance through them. What finance company did you do the contract with?
I did mine through my personal bank... it had nothing to do with the dealer... I know what the dealer is trying to do though. This is getting nasty fast... oh well, so goes life.

·
Super Moderator
8,702 Posts
I did mine through my personal bank... it had nothing to do with the dealer... I know what the dealer is trying to do though. This is getting nasty fast... oh well, so goes life.

ahh tell the dealer go f himself. If it has to do with a service/warranty issue call cat directly and cut him right out of it. Also cat will know if you used one of the arctic cat programs and the extended warranty programs ect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the deal, I got a new wildcat in June of 2014. The promotion was a rebate or extended warranty... I took the warranty, or so I thought. I have a contract showing I took a "factory warranty" so cat says that's just the 6 month warranty it comes with... anyways in the fight, cat says he put that I took a "rebate and financing". He is saying that the 500 bucks I put down on it in cold hard cash was financed through the 500 dollar rebate I took instead of the warranty.... it's a mess and the dealer is a scum bag like I have never seen in a long time. I emailed him telling him I didn't want to go to court and wanted to work something out. He had his lawyer write me a letter threatening to sue me with a libal suit for giving him a 1 star review on Facebook!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Follow through. Get a lawyer. Go to court. If you're right, and have any proof, they'll settle out of court and you'll be fine.

Or drop it.

Those are the only two solutions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I already have a lawyer lol I'm going all the way with it. I have another guy I met that he did the same thing to as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem when I was trying to get myself a new car a couple of moths ago and I was wondering why is that happening to me. I was going for a lease, but I was not accepted, the dealer did not wanted to lease and I don't know why. Honestly, I solved this issue, it took me some time more but it's worth. Since then, I think the best idea is to buy the car rather lease it. I got a loan from a great credit company https://credit-10.com/mx/credito-automotriz/ that offered me a great credit offer and I could not miss it. So to say, I took the necessary amount of money to buy the car and I went to the dealer. I took the car in that day and I had no issue to pay the credit. So, I think this is the best idea and the only one great way for this issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
They receive nothing in return for funding cat initiatives. Arctic Cat provides no funding either. Usually, Sheffield owns the loans for Arctic Cat. Cat only pays Sheffield the price to provide cheap interest rates on their products. The dealer may have an agreement in place with a local bank from which they receive compensation and use them for all of their financing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts