Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally did it.. Trade the CAT for a Kawi 650 4x4i Black in color...

Should be getting it tonight or tomorrow.. I'll still come by once in a while because I still like CATS.... will probably have another one later on.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Nice bike. Let us know what you think of it.

WC

·
Registered
947 Posts
best of luck daniel. you must love the v twin?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
:wheelie: :needpics: :pics; congrats on the new ride. I did the same move you did last spring. I sold my 04 650 and got a 750i. I have no regrets. My 750 has never gave me a stitch of trouble, and is the perfect Atv for my riding needs.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$1000 more for the 750i. I don't think I ever needed more power from the cat 650, so the kawi 650i is stronger and lighter than the kitty v2. Handles like a sport bike, but hope I don't loose too much of the UTE side of it. We will see.

Herer's a few pics.

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j263/arc...ter/New%20KAWI/

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I'm about ready to follow your lead and trade myself. My 650 is in the shop again right now because it won't start and has an oil leak on the under side of the SECOND engine that has been in the quad. I am really getting tired of seeing my $7000+ quad spend more time at the dealer than it has at my house! I'm starting to think my quad should've come with YELLOW plastic instead of RED! Can you say LEMON? bang your head

·
Registered
947 Posts
oh ya, the black looks good, knowing Dan, it won't be black for long, it will be mud camo!!!
Dan, Kawidan must be just tickled you bought a kawi, lol

sweet looking ride my friend
LD

·
Registered
170 Posts
let us know what you think of the diff lock lever. I am interested is a true opinion of a person who will have used both.
Congrats on the new bike. Looks sweet

Enjoy

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Congrats on the new ride ArcticMonster :thumbsup: The black looks great and hopefully the new Kawi will give you alot less grief then your cat. My stepfather has an 02 P650 with almost 8000km's on it and no big problems to date :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't use the diff lock lever yet, but I know it will be a pain compared to the cat... But you can buy a penlock that locks it in place... The 4x4 is also a pain since you need to be moving ahead or backwards for it to engage, so you have to engage it before getting into trouble.. The kawi is a much sportier ride than the cat is... So far, 169 km's and I love it....

the Rear Seat is a Kimpex Deluxe seat that I got at my dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts