Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a couple years since I've been on the forum.

I have recently (4 years ago, as I said, haven't been on in a long time) acquired a 2008 Thundercat, 2,500km, w/ 60" Click-N-Go plow for $4,200 Can.
Picked up a set of 27" Mega Mayhems on ITP steel rims (for free, long story)

Finally got my hands on a Kimpex Deluxe Cargo box for $75 (not bad considering it's $350 Can. new)

Planning on a 2nd battery, rear winch, modifying the winch control to have one rocker to be able to operate each winch independently, changing the front LEDs to better ones, adding a rear work light, and replacing both winches with Synthetic rope.

Have already looked through a bunch of threads about rear winch mounts and think I have figured out how I will mount, since I don't have the nice big bumpers, I am into some fabrication.

Will be posting pictures as I go.

Here's the bike as it sits now.

·
Administrator
36,313 Posts
Sweet keep us posted with your progress

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far, my $75 Kimpex Deluxe Cargo score has been mounted finally.
And a 2nd battery wired in, ever make a difference starting (since I'm too cheap to change the decompression valve or buy the upgraded starter)
I still nees to get some 1/4" threaded rod and flat stock to make a battery tie down.

Next will be to fab up a mount for my rear winch.
I saw a mount on a recent post that someone made, I'm pretty sure I am going to copy/modify their design.
1/4 flat between the rear frame rails 9" tall, winch as high as I can mount it horizontal, and about 2" below the mount I am going to drill a hooe in the main plate and add a 2" forged eye bolt for tie off.

Hopefully have the steel from my brother-in-law soon so I can get cracking on that.

And I have figured out a way to run each winch individually with a single rocker switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick 20 minute shot in the garage to get a battery hold down made up so it doesn't move since I'll probably have to plow the driveway this evening or tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Administrator
36,313 Posts
A toggle switch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts