Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it finally snowed we got about 4'' or so and i was very excited to break the new plow out.i was very impressed. it cleans up real well i was worried about it lifting over heavy snow but it cut right through i also cleaned the road infront of my house and it pushes even heavy wet snow that the plow truck leave there.my uncles got an eiger and wanted a plow for it but his wife said no until her driveway was all nice and clean and she saw how easy and how nice of a job it did. now she wants him to get one. (he owes me lol ). but when i was plowing i looked at my gauges and they were gone. i shut the machine off and turned it back on and it was all set it didnt happen again. any one seen this or had it happen?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Mine works great for plowing, I push my driveway 100 feet wide in the winter to allow room to put more snow later. I have bent my blade all up twice now and just keep straightening it out

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Never had my gauges go out, but I do think I could use a "heavier" grade battery, with the hand/thumbwarmers on, using the winch, you sure can see the lights dim.

Glad you got to use your plow - they are a lot of fun and an awesome "excuse" to make the fourwheeler more than just a toy!!!!

I'm heading out right now to clean up the driveway, it's been an awesome weekend here, plowed Thursday night, Friday night and driveway is ready to be done again now.... woo hoo!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Finally got to use mine for the first time , we had 2.5 in and it worked great. I have the arctic cat 60 in. blade with the endcaps on. I'm removing 1 of the endcaps so the snow will slide off as I believe this will work better.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive got the same setup catmandooo wihtout the end caps. ive spent countless hours behind the wheel plowing with all sorts of equipment.(tri axle dumps,frontend loader,6 wheel dump, bobcat etc) and i dont think it was as much fun as with an atv.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
With both endcaps on the blade seemed to collect the snow but with one end off it will collect the snow and shed the snow on the capless end, which is what I want. I also just ordered some battery tenders as I'm sure the winch takes alot out of the battery especially if we ever plow in the evening with the lights on.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i always have my lights on. its a habbit i guess i should make sure i shut them off while plowing.were do you find the battery tenders. im wondering if low battery power is why my pod went out . like barnzilla said a hd battery may be in order. do you have the rubber strip on the top of your plow.i highly recomend it if you dont.when pushing the deep stuff it keeps the snow from going over the plow.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Rango, I have the rubber strip and like yourself, would highly recommend it to others. When you get a pile of snow or have a 100' driveway (like myself) it really helps curl the snow back over so you keep on pushing it. I ordered mine when I bought the plow so I don't know what it would be like without one, but personally I think it helps tremendously.

I have heard of others making their own strip which I'm sure works just as well, Sanny cut up a tire to use, and I've heard of someone at work using an old piece of conveyor belt. Whatever works (and saves $$)....

I'm not too sure I need the end caps for my plow but am thinking of making markers for eash side of my plow blade.

Aaron

p.s. What are battery "tenders" guys? I have no idea

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
battery tenders are "smart chargers" you can leave on your battery all the time its parked if you wish and will charge a dead battery or maintain charge on a battery that isn't being used.

WC

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Thanks WC - had no idea... I know a few guys that are using those solar chargers now. So a battery tender can just be attached the battery without disconnecting it from the bike? Sounds like a great idea.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Search on ebay for battery tender , DELTRAN BATTERY TENDER plus is what I bought actually 3 of them. They come with wires to attach/disconnect easily , a quick dissconnect also the clip ons are included. They sell ones that are a little cheaper also but the plus ver. is more expensive. A few guys actually use a lighter plugin and charge from the conn on the pod, I like that idea. I found a ebay post 3 plus units for $130 shipped.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
has any one used the solar one my quad is stored in my enclosed trailer. i live in a condo and have no outside receptacles nor am i allowed to keep it hear (even though i own it...idiots!) so i store it at my parents but its still to far from a receptacle.i figured i could mount it to the roof of the trailer and make some setup for easy disconnect and storage of the wires.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
That would work good I think mounting it on the roof, it would be out of the way for sure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts