Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought my first Cat 04 F7 Wondering what oil u guys recomend to use also what maintnance I should do on the It is efi sno-pro Model with 1063 Miles on it now just waiting for snow

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats on the purchase....nice ride. I have the same sled except for an F6 and I love it. Most common oil run is either Arctic Cat synthetic (recommended from factory) or Amsoil. Both will do the job....IMO, many oils will do the job.....pick one that is easy for you to buy where you ride.

I'd clean the valves, change the plugs if needed and maybe change the chaincase oil. Check the chain tension (very easy to do) and check to see if your belt needs replacing.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I second the above statement. I use Ipone and love it compared to the Cat's oil....It's ash free meaning very less crud on the power valves as well a nice strawberry smell....Don't forget to give us some pics of your new toy!!!!!! Congrats as well :thumbsup:

G

·
congrats on the new ride thumbguy aside from above make sure you take a look behind the primary clutch at the oil line. They like to chaff through on some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts