Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I got my ODS kit yesterday! I was ready to put it in. So I started taking off the clutches, I diddn't think that I was going to run into so many problems. Taking off the primary clutch I found a trick on doing that. I took and compressed it then it worked great :super_happy: the seconday was kinda a pain since you have the DD spline shaft and all the other stuff in the way. Anyhow Got them on the bench and started with the primary. took of the back cover and replaced the spring and the weights, put it back together. Now for the seconday I ended up stripping a bolt holding the helix on, every one was on their really good (because of the loctite) finally had ended up cutting that bad one off, took off the stock helix and put the new one on. the spring was a-lot longer then the old one but I ended up getting it on again. I took dans advice on putting the helix on first then the spring. That was a little easier but not much. Anyhow it says on the sheet to run that plastic nut in 3/8" just so you can start seeing the threads so I did that and put that cover on. Does anyone have a picture on their seconday setup so I can see if I did that right? Also did you guys loctite that cover on after adjusting that plastic nut? bang your head Thanks guys

1 - 1 of 1 Posts