1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jesus take the wheel!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I had to look you up as you posted on my thread. I recognized the wording and now the build. Once I get done with my current build I will be on to a specialty build. Not quite as wild as your though. Are you using the Grid system or MSD 7 ?? If 7 are you using the 75301??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Grid only.. for what I'm doing the expandability and ability to tune from one screen is a must.. no piggy back b.s. ... All integrated..

I'll tell ya for a while I thought this thing was outta hand... And then I realized ..

It IS .. 0_0.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
LOL. So did you buy a starter for it yet?? Are you getting a Racepak for all your data?? Those Grids are know to go out. Dan Fisher has already replaced one as did Louie Warbile and both with in a few months of buying them. I seen that skid on FB. Did you see the long write up on skids on FB?? Set up on long arm suspensions are finicky but with the front arm incorporated it should be easier to control. We ended up with a Mike Crook's Special suspension. It looks like the new Wahl Bros and is but the mounting locations are stretched as is the arm length. There is a ton of adjustments built into this suspension and its 6lbs lighter than our old long arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That crooks skid looks good!! Hope you have good luck with it..

No starter yet.. but I have the hub waiting if need be.. which is likely but again we shall see. I have no idea what kinda rpm I can pull this Lil guy over at. But I'll know before long 0_0

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
That crooks skid looks good!! Hope you have good luck with it..

No starter yet.. but I have the hub waiting if need be.. which is likely but again we shall see. I have no idea what kinda rpm I can pull this Lil guy over at. But I'll know before long 0_0

Thanks. I dont know how many RPM's you need to start with the Grid. All the guys I know with one have a hand held starter and thats why we went with the MSD 7

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. I dont know how many RPM's you need to start with the Grid. All the guys I know with one have a hand held starter and thats why we went with the MSD 7

Word round the campfire is 800rpm before it says go ..

But mine being slightly below stock compression and .090" squish I may actually be able to pull that speed.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Word round the campfire is 800rpm before it says go ..

But mine being slightly below stock compression and .090" squish I may actually be able to pull that speed.
Ya you might be able to pull it that fast with that high of a squish gap and probable stock or lower compression. There is no way we can spin the ProStk sled that fast by hand with 16 + to 1 CR

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well first time I get to see where the pipes will land before they get fiddled with.. if they get fiddled with much at all . Centering the engine in the chassis moved the mill 3" to the mag side and I lowered it 1 3/4". Pipes still fit alright .. now to take em off slap the belly pan up and repeat. See what happens..

STM HD 6 arm should be in hand tomarrow ¡!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts