Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Fastlane the best vent product, and do the vents help with heating issues and increase performance?

Any other brands out there?

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oldgoat @ Jan 14 2007, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is Fastlane the best vent product, and do the vents help with heating issues and increase performance?

Any other brands out there?[/b]

Sorry I have never seen those ones.

I have SLP side panel vents, and flowrites in the shock towers of my M series sleds to help cool them....I think the flowrites are 2.5 inches in diameter if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mcflying, when you install the flowrites in the shock towers did you mount them on the top, or on the back side, facing the rider? Do you have to worry about snow popping them out when riding in the deep?
Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just installed the SLP side vents on my M8, they look good and I used mcflyings flowrite idea in the shock towers right at the top of the tower in front of the can and clutch altogether it seems to work good however I still had to drop the scratchers on the hard pack trail up to the mountain for engine temp reasons.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (walnut-m @ Jan 28 2007, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
mcflying, when you install the flowrites in the shock towers did you mount them on the top, or on the back side, facing the rider? Do you have to worry about snow popping them out when riding in the deep?
Thanks[/b]

Thay are on the angled surface facing the back of the sled.

And after 2 full seasons, and part of this season, I have not had one pop out yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts