Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone quick question. Went to the parts store out here for a alignment bar for a 1995 z440. Did a bunch of reading on how to do alignment and I’m seeing everyone has a different bar then mine. I was given the black white one with the curved face And all I see is the one above? Will the one I have work or do I need to take it back. I won’t be able to check the sled till later when I get home n would like to return on the way home if need be. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Made it home n got a picture of the sled. I think this is the cat 6 tower clutch? Correct I can’t seem to find any part #s on it. I should have the right alignment tool correct? Sorry Just trying to learn as I go

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure that’s what I’m trying to figure out. Says arctic cat on it n has 6 bolts? See the pictures if that helps

·
Registered
60 Posts
From what I understand Cat has their own 6 tower clutch, that's the newer "big pin" clutch. All of their older 6 tower clutches were made by Comet, either a 108C or a 108EXP. Someone else will have to chime in with what alignment tool to use, the service manual doesn't seem to specify.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Cat part # 0644-003. It is a 1.365" offset. That measurement is from the front of the driven clutch to the bottom of the drive clutch stationary sheave closer to the engine. It is probably the most common alignment tool out there. It looks like the top one in your picture. it was used from 1992 to 2004 on most all cats. I am not sure if the one you bought will work but it looks like it might.

Offset and alignment are two different things. I am sure the bar you have can be used for alignment. you could try and figure out if the offset will work using the 1.365"

You have a comet clutch which was standard on your sled.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just so you know, that Clutch is the version prior to the ( Cat 9 tower Clutch- (1998?- 2003 )Then around 2004 Cat came out with a newer 6 Tower Clutch . Some 03/04 6 Towers were similar to yours in that the clutch weight Floated on the Clutch Pin. .Then around 05, the Clutch weight was locked to the clutch wt pin & the Clutch weight rotated with the pin. So when you see conversations on here about the 6 tower & are trying to glean info, you need to know what version or year is being talked about.. In your case as stated, you have whats referred to as the Comet Version of a 6 tower. As it was subcontracted to Comet Industries to design and build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts