Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fan wont start using rad sensor. There is power to the connection that feeds the rad sensor and fan. Fan works when direct from battery. When sensor and rad is plugged in the fan will still not start when sensor wires are jumped. Whats up?

Thanks

·
Administrator
42,454 Posts
Sounds like the sensor is shot. You can remove it and put it in a pot on the stove. Hook up a multimeter and turn on the burner. It should close when it reaches temp.

·
Registered
2004 Arctic Cat 400
1,409 Posts
I agree with doorfx, the sensor is shot.

The sensor should be on the ground side of the circuit so depending on what you are "jumping" the sensor too the fan still won't work.

You should test and replace the sensor but also wire a sensor bypass switch, someplace on here I've written instructions to bypass the sensor while not damaging the factory wiring and still allowing the sensor to work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.
I installed a new sensor from Caltric,still no fan. I have 11.5 volts on the plug feeding the harness, this is from the red /black wire to ground on the machine and to the white/black wire of the plug. I have installed a switch with power direct from the battery and the fan works on a manual toggle. According to cat service manual when you have voltage on the red/black wire the feed is good. Does the diode have something to do with this? I know it allows current to flow in one direction.. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
42,454 Posts
Is your battery dead ? 11.5 volts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12.21 volts across battery and at the temporary power supply plug which runs the fan fine on manual
11.76 volts across fan fuse holder with ignition switch on only and 11.75 volts at factory supply plug
14.54 volts at factory fan supply plug at idle

·
Administrator
42,454 Posts
You have a weak battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts